Wednesday 24 July 2024

Little Loves - July


This month has flown! I feel like I just did this!


Read
Currently reading Puccini's Butterfly. I'm not far enough in to review it but I do like that it's about all the women in his life - their view points seem to carry the narration - his wife, mistress, maid. I hadn't expected that.






Watched We finished watching The Loudest Voice. So very creepy. And even though I remember the news fall out at the time, I just can't believe how he got away with it (and even denied it). He was so disgusting.









In the Theatre, saw Dracula which was amazing. Zahra Newman was fabulous and the production is brillant. I kept catching myself looking from the screen to the stage to see what the 'other people' were doing and how they were reacting, only to laugh when confronted with the almost empty stage because she is ALL the characters. Ha! (If there are still tickets, definitely go!)





Heard Loving this song - no clip but worth a listen! So cheery.




Wore  Enjoying my Alice in Wonderland stockings with Birkenstocks! Winter is fun and comfy!




And lastly I went to the Flume installation at Volume at the Art Gallery. It was so fun. I was beaming as the lights and images dazzled me. I'll be honest, I was a little underwhelmed with the new composition by Flume but was a wonderful exhibition.












So while I'm sharing the pictures of  Every Dull Moment (EDM), I'll leave you with one of my old Flume favs. 



They've been my little loves, what about you? What have you been loving?

Linking with #LittleLoves

And #MondayMusicMovesMe #ArtDateThursday #TurningHeads 










26 comments:

  1. Wonderful exhibit! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That art installation looks so neat! I love your Alice tights too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous week of diverse cultural experiences Lydia ... and I absolutely love your Alice in Wonderland stockings! Thank you for linking up with #WWWhimsy - stay warm & well! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've seen some wonderful art this month Lydia. I love your photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a month you've had! Lovely pictures, the colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure you need a post about 'at home I....' hah. You are a seeker and lover of all that is new to experience. I understand that too! Denyse . #TeamWWWhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful and colourful artworks. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the wonderful exhibit.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to know more about this light exhibit. Is it another thing that everyone knows except me?! Lol. Very cool.

    I'm glad that you are enjoying Puccini's Butterfly, and I'm glad it is surprising you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in Sydney, so maybe too far? Was projections in the Tank (a former WWII fuel container that is now an exhibition space in the Art Gallery of NSW. The music was origial composition by Flume and the images and light show was by Jonathan Zawada.

      Delete
  10. This is a cool art exhibit but it could also be a concert venue too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the festival it is! I saw Genisis Owusu and Andre 3000 there this year. Solonge last year....

      Delete
  11. What a busy month! The Flume installation looks amazing! I love the Alice in Wonderland stockings. Thanks for linking!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely exhibit! -Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos
    mine is
    HERE
    much♡love

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unique, glamorous and interesting. Where are you and where is this exhibit? This is a world very unlike mine ... and can't pass on the Alice and Wonderland stockings :) I think this is my first visit to your blog. Hope we see more of you ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sydney and it wa part of a festival or Art and music at the Art Gallery of NSW

      Delete
  15. Coloured lights in whatever shape or form make me perk up and give them my attention. Lovely photos, Lydia. I've been busy painting and writing music, as well as proof-reading a novel I've finished writing. Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A novel! That is exciting! Keep us updated on that.

      Delete
  16. Fabulous photos and great music 💜

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is the art light projected onto a blank wall or is the artwork captured by a spotlight? Really quite interesting. Thanks for the introduction of band and song by Bakermat & Fly Disco Butter. I agree it has a cheery vibe. Have a boogietastic week, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the colourful displays! 😍 Interesting music as well. Winter is obviously a lot kinder in your part of the world than in mine. 😆 Cheers from Canada!

    Debbie @ The Doglady's Den

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice song and love those stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The songs are different especially the last one. The gals in the background sound like they sucked on helium. Love your stocking and the exhibit looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liked the art, especially the last picture. Both of the songs were new to me. I like unusual socks and I loved yours.

    ReplyDelete