Wednesday 31 July 2024

My Five Favourite Monthly Moments - July.



 I think I said this last month, but I love putting this list together as it makes me realise how much fun I've had, even when in the moment I feel like I've been doing nothing. Scrolling back on my Insta always makes me smile!

I've had a great month!


1. I caught up with not 1 but 2 local 100 year olds. One was just a catch up over tea and one was a birthday party. At the party, an 80 year old who had lived in our street since the early 1960's was telling me all the historic buildings that housed important 'firsts' in the State. It was really stepping back into living history and a fun afternoon. It went from grandeur, to slum and now just Sydney expensive!





Epilespy warning - don't watch if sensitive to flashing light

 


2. Volume Festival - I was at the Art Gallery of NSW for Genesis Owusu, Andre 3000, the Flume exhibition (and the Archibald). It made for such a great month to be out and about immersed in art. Fantastic addition to the annual calendar!






3. School Holiday fun and the annual trek to the Hunter Valley for the Snow Time festival. I assumed it was the last time, but apparently not...I'll take her for as long as she wants to go. I also have my favourite activity, getting up early to shoot roos...with my camera, of course! We stopped at the Reptile park on the way home and that was truly a delight. Finally saw the baby koalas!


Linking with #AWWMondays



4. Had a lot of fun catching up with friends for birthday parties, laser shooting on a tall ship, life drawing with Opera, fabulous meals at 20 Chapel and Six Penny (we'd been given a voucher thankfully as we racked up quite a bill!) and gigs.






















5. A few dates with my husband - Ali Wong, Chelsea Handler and Teddy Swims. It's nice to share laughs and concerts together. We often have different preferences on arts so do them with others seperately, which is also nice. However, I love it when we both like something and can do it together.




So that's been my month. How about you? What's your favs?






Linking with #SundayBest #WeekendCoffeeShare #SkyWatch #GalleriaHimmelsblich #HappyTuesday #MCoW #WednesdayAroundtheWorld  #MySundaySnapShot   #SaturdayCritters
RachelSwirl














19 comments:

  1. Baby koalas are gorgeous creatures, but I assume they are not seen very often so their mothers can carefully protect them,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen pictures of koalas on trees; they look different on the ground.
    It's nice to go through your insta to see what you've done. I periodically do that on my own photo/video folders. Digital album is so much easier than an old heavy photo album. It takes you back and makes you appreciate your life a little more :-)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great month! I especially love the photos of the rainbow and the roos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find it surprising to review back and realize how much I have done - Enjoy life's adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good time you've had. Your photos make a neat mosaic too! The food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the beautiful shots and especially the boats. Beautiful. You know how I love your food. I ate a lot of the food. Thank you.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back drooling over the boats.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! No need to apologise. I've been terrible the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation on a wonderful and very photogenic month!! Lovely skies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. People are very blessed to get to being 100 years old. Not sure I could last that long.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun-filled July you had. I'd love to see baby koalas. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see you've had a great month Lydia. I love all your photos but especially your Roo photo. I watched the Teddy Swims video. He's been all over my FB feed, and I had never heard of him. I'm very much out of the loop these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photos especially the sunrise/sunset ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how youve captured the rainbow in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a great month. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, you've been busy, but happy busy, Lydia! Nice to look back on all the happy times. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - like it's red dust being thrown into the air?
    Yes, that's a really explosive sunset!

    ReplyDelete