Sunday 28 July 2024

The joy of new places


Engaged friends just bought a place together. We went to visit their new home and then go up to their 'local' for dinner. 


It's really lovely to see friends in an exciting and happy part of their lives. It makes you forget all your woes and distractions for awhile.

It was a lovely evening, the pub felt like a magical little adventure with it's nooks that seemed like we'd stepped back in time to some English library and then turn the corner and we're in a little French dining room...(I'm rewatching Dispatches from Elsewhere and I think that does something to spark my imagination. I seem to see magic in every day things....)

Anyway, this post is just to remind you to keep your eyes open to the joy of new places.






Sharing an unrelated song that makes me think of tropical islands (because our dinner conversation discussed just that) Pretty much any Deep Chills song but I've picked this one because we're going there soon.


Linking with  #WWWhimsy #SeniorSalonPitstop #AnythingGoes #WowonWednesday #HappyNow #HappyTuesday




And question, if you were having a honeymoon in the UK, where would you have an Asian island stop over on the way home (to Australia)?










This song, while not about an island, makes me feel the happiness and warmth you feel when on a tropical island. I've no idea why.






24 comments:

  1. Interesting restaurant. Island stopover: Azores islands (maybe just the main one - Sao Miguel). Cute mural and enjoy Tahiti. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I can't recommend an island destination. I love deep chillax playlists! What a great way to start the week with some mellow music. Your last song pick definitely has a fun vibe which puts you in a good mind set which is also very good. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to focus on those small moments of happiness, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an interesting restaurant. Great songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We enjoy discovering new places, it's always good to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been off the North American continent, so, alas, I can't give any recommendations. I've never experienced a tropical island but it sounds nice as a winter destination. Me, I find travel both stressful and exciting but I'd love to spend time in that first picture library. Enjoyed both songs, especially the first. It was perfect for my relaxing after work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post. We should keep our eyes open to joy of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute place! I hope it was a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An island stop over? Definitely Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely place to read and I ate the food. Delicious.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love going to new places and restaurants. We're off on a 3 week cycling adventure shortly, different place each day, three countries of the UK. Can't wait to see all the different scenery and try local specialities. Thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd go to either Bali or Bora Bora. Bali is rich in culture and beautiful workmanship on wood. Bora Bora always looked idyllic to me. I enjoyed the music and is that a real lion??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's stuffed - which is a bit weird....

      Delete
  13. No recommendations for stop overs but love what you said about seeing things differently or on another occasion noticing it more. I am doing this a lot these days and it really opens up the mind. Denyse #TeamWWWhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your friends' local looks lovely and very interesting and very cosy. I love the mural. #TeamWWWhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your friends on their new place! How nice that you could help them celebrate in their new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I can't get your page up at all. Sorry. Not sure what's going on....(but BMI, I don't know if I want to read that - yikes!)

      Delete
    2. I am having some struggles with InLinkz but if you are interested, you should be able to reach me direct at https://christiehawkes.com/blog.

      Delete
  16. New love is always a special time, isn't it Lydia? The pub looks wonderful with it's old world charm. I think I would revisit Vietnam on our way home or perhaps Phuket as I've not been there in Thailand. x #WWWhimsyTeam

    ReplyDelete
  17. How beautiful! So nice to hear of happy people, love and new exciting adventures. I love that you see magic in everyday things. Keep on seeing the magic Lydia! Thanks for linking up again with #WWWhimsy - enjoy the rest of your week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finding magic in things is what we all need to do more of Lydia! Thanks :) #Teamwwwhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. That pub looks delightful! Are you going to Tahiti? If so, I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to go :) If I was going to have a romantic stop over en route to Oz I'd probably say Thailand - we have only been once, it's really affordable and it has so many stunning spots to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for sharing our SSPS pic and for participating and sharing at SSPS 322. See you again next week at #323 https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete