Sunday 6 November 2016

Loving Sydney, Loving Life

Linking up an old post with #WednesdayAroundtheWorld because I'm really not getting out and doing anything of interest. But the pretty pictures make me smile! Stay safe everyone - and stay home!

Have had a crazy busy few weeks, with many frustrations and been a little down in the dumps, we spent a stellar Saturday on the water, as those of you who follow my Instagram may already know. Sydney Harbour is truly beautiful, and when you're lucky enough to get invited on a boat with your friends, it's even better! The ability to instantaneously forget all your woes is amazing!








A sensational seafood feast and then we toured the city coves on the way to Chinaman's Beach for a swim (is that still what it's called? It seems a little offensive now).












Lots of fun was had by all and after a very busy weekend, it was most definitely the highlight. The water was this stunning green but my phone, which is the worst, wouldn't pick up any of the colours! 










It was a good reminder of the fact that no matter what else is going on, there are still so many things to love about life!











We even saw a submarine out on the water, which I've never seen before!





What are you loving this week?

Do you get out on boats often? Ferry, kayak, tinny?










We did miss the ice cream boat because we were too slow to notice it (but neither did the kids so there was no complaints!


Linking with #Allseasons because it's heading into boat day season

20 comments:

  1. Sydney looks like a fascinating city - it has something for everyone, doesn't it?
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/11/a-dream-of-lifetime.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to be invited out on the boat! I didn't know that there's an ice cream boat - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being on the water - beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://nanahood.com/kids-and-crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. It deleted my comment! I said it's beautiful and I wish I could go there....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! I can see how a day in the water can change a mood for the better. #WordlessWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That looks so lovely. I do find being on the water on a nice sunny day to be so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a day on the water and when Sydney serves up beautiful weather, she goes all out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually don't know Sydney very well at all. I've visited a handful of times but only for short periods and not been required to travel much around town, so don't have any idea what's where. It's certainly stunning though and I love your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss boating. My Dad used to race powerboats, and when he wasn't racing, he was fishing, so I grew up on the water. I also used to go sailing on Sydney harbour, which was fabulous - so invigorating! #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the water and being out on the water. Sydney is the perfect place to do this. It always is a mood lifter I find. :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a fun day, and totally agree about how impressive Sydney looks from the water. I was really lucky recently to depart and then return by cruise ship which was amazing, but that's not to say that I wouldn't also love chugging about on the Manly Ferry. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sydney Harbour is definitely one in a million. You're so lucky to live "just down the road". People fly from across the globe to see this view. Gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining the linky! Perfect addition.
    #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  14. we're in WA and I've only been to Sydney once - but it's definitely on my shortlist of places to revisit - we loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't catch up on Leanne's linky yet but found you next to me on Jen's when I posted a Sydney theme too! Last time I was on the Harbour was on a ferry. I used to do little day trips into the city, hop on a ferry to Mosman and return just to have the experience and take loads of pics! You've captured it all so well! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  16. On a blue day there's just no beating the harbour. We spent Sunday looking at it. Glorious. Visiting from Loving' Life

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a huge fan of smaller boats, likes tinnies. Bigger boats I don't mind, and I love going on the Sydney ferries, which I haven't done for 10 years! How I'd love to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete