Thursday 14 October 2021

Share Four Somethings - October

Something Loved: I've just ordered the Halloween candy (as I'm still avoiding the supermarkets) so I hope it gets here on time. My youngest wants me to decorate the house, even if we can't do any of the other stuff. So I will next week. I love that she is making the best of it, and not really complaining about this strange twilight universe we've been living in for the last four months that saw her miss birthday celebrations and two school holidays worth of activities. 



Also in the something loved, I finally got back into the city after the 5kms restriction eased. Even in the rain I was filled with joy!



Something Read (or Said):
 We just read Station Eleven for book club. I can't beleive it was written back in 2014. She nails how the pandemic unfolds - how quickly it spreads and changes life. Down to the panic buying and how we miss the funny little things, like having our last cappuccino. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to watch the series. 












Something Treasured: I have missed the city so much. Last night I went with some friends to the Opera Bar. The weather was not on our side but it didn't matter. It was lovely to battle the seagulls and sip our cocktails over dinner as the sun went down. Even the train shennanigans seemed fun (they cancelled our stop literally a minute after the train left the station and half the train had to get out at Redfern to wait for another train). It was an easy and fun night, and so good to catch up in real life. 










Something Ahead We've come out of lockdown and I'm thrilled to be booking tickets and even a week away! Musicals, comedy, theatre and bands. Dinner in restaurants. Meeting friends at a bar. My diary is getting busy but it's all still tentative. I'm presuming it's all about to collapse again, but for now I will book and do what I can. I'm happy to mask up, space and sanitise. A small price to pay if I can get out and about!
My big excitement, due to restrictions, I've not seen my daughter for three weeks! She moved out and we are finally having lunch together.   I am so very excited about that!









33 comments:

  1. yes Halloween is coming but it's not that popular here in NZ, last year my daughter bought heaps of lollies and we had them ready by the front door to give out but sadly no one knocked so we ate them all ourselves. This year with us in level 3 I can't see anyone being out at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're out of lock down and I know you're going to do some fun things. Good for you.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning views from Sidney ❤️ I am glad your lockdown is over, enjoy the new freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pics of Sydney iconic landmarks. I'm glad you're out of lockdown and resume your social activities. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're able to get out again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, dear Lydia,
    these are the LITTLE joys in pandemic times - or in the breaks between lockdowns. We have to enjoy them because we don't know how long the breaks are. Nice to see the Sydney Opera House. For me it is a dream place. My friend Brigitte's nephew is working at the Sydney Opera House since several months - he is responsible for renewing the technical equipment. The pandemic is not making it easy for him and his girlfriend. The Station Eleven book sounds really interesting!
    You wrote to me, "I've lost my translate button." I have a translate button in my sidebar. You can also go to google translate, paste the link of my blog on the left (and enter german) and click on english on the right, then my entire blog will be translated for you.
    Hugs and hayppe weekend,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/10/italien-reisebericht-pause-in-ferrara.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will try again. What happens when I open the blog there's a translate button and if i press it, it translates immediately but if I get my eye cought by an image and start to scroll before pressing it, when i go back to press it, it's gone. It happens on a few blogs. Even if i reload the page it doesn't come back.

      Delete
  7. Yea! Home again for you. Even better is that you live in such a gorgeous city (that I really need to visit). I'm not much of a city person myself, but you along with several of your neighbors have sold me on the need to visit Sydney someday. Maybe by then we can all meet at your favorite coffee shop where you and they can tell me all the great things to see while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I wouldn't come just yet. I think we may have a few more hoops to jump through but, yes, sounds like a plan!

      Delete
  8. Glad you're out of lockdown and able to enjoy the city and see your loved ones. This pandemic has been so difficult and exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great that you could get out in the city again! The photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing. -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am looking forward to Halloween and a more normal Christmas this year after the lockdown last year#kcacols@_karendennis

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you can get out again, it's been so tough. Enjoy your lunch with your daughter. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see Sydney in person one day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We began booking activities as soon as we could too and figured we should try to squeeze in as much activities as we could while we could.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOve the photos! I am glad you had a nice night out. At least you wer enot alone getting off the train. Always a happy thing to think about. I feel badly for kids but somehow their resilient nature keeps them moving along. Have a wonderful week. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for showing me this journey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, I couldn't image the 5km restriction, that must of been so frustrating, but it looks like you celebrated in style! Cheers to freedom #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  17. so nice to finally be able to get out and do things again. Enjoy #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  18. I´ve seen plenty of pics of that building and the bridge. They are different every time. How´s that even possible? Very nice photography.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to see Australia coming out of lock down Stay Safe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much good to look forward to! We are planning a live production this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for being out of lockdown! Enjoy your freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so happy for you that you get to wander a bit further! Loving the photos a lot :)

    Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. mmm ... somewhere over the rainbow ...

    what a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good-bye lockdown - hello to a return to life! I'm even excited for you:) Enjoy all those "places that we used to go"!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad you are out of lockdown now and you get to see your daughter again, hope all your plans go well. Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving your four somethings this week! Yass to the cocktails and how lovely to have lunch with your daughter planned. I hope you have a wonderful time and thank you for joining us for #mischiefandmemories x

    ReplyDelete
  27. So glad for you that lockdown has eased. I've not heard of Station Eleven but it sounds fab so off to search for it. Thanks for linking up with #MischiefandMemories

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the puffy white clouds against the blue sky

    ReplyDelete
  29. Enjoy your freedom!! We are still a little cautious here. Our government doesn't seem very interested in controlling the virus.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So glad your lockdown is over. Nice pics!

    My latest post:
    https://craniumbolts.blogspot.com/2021/11/trip-to-saul-kere-lake.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. Understand very well. Enjoy each day.

    ReplyDelete