Wednesday 17 November 2021

Share Four Somethings - November


 Something Loved: SFSC had implied a fully home grown line up so I almost didn't even check who was playing but thankfully I did because Fefe, who I've seen every time he's come out since I discovered him by accident at the Festival of Sydney back in 2012, is coming again! During lockdown last year, he was doing a song a day for 365 days to promote his album of the same name, and it was a joyous highlight of the dull days at home.  He is so fun and a great live performer. He will be my first international act, borders and covid permitting in 2022! How I've missed my old normal. (Other mentions of Fefe on my blog here  & here & in a number of my Taking Stocks last year- I'm quite the fangirl! And for those that don't know SFSC - a pictorial here.)

 



Something Read (or Said):
I saw this post on High Gloss and Sauce and it intrigued me enough to start watching You, something that I never would have check out. It's humorous and entertaining but terrifying at the same time. It really got me thinking about behaviours and red flags. I read The Family Doctor earlier this year and learnt a lot about that sort of psyche and how these situations spiral (a more serious fictional loook at this sort of obsession). I'm only midway through so no spoilers please.








Something Treasured:  Catching up with friends. I've had a rough week, made worse by menopausal hormones, but a catch up with my people puts everything back in perspective.  Even just a late night FB message back and forth. Sometimes  that's all you need to feel a little lighter. 










Something Ahead : Just in the throws of booking my Sydney Festival shows - due to some of the postponed gigs rescheduled to Jan, a milestone birthday for one of the kids and a few days away here and there, it's a very tight fit to squeeze in what I hope to see...but should make for a good summer after such a social and cultural hiatus. Can we just keep the case numbers low so I don't need to stress!








Linking with #MuralMonday




Linking with #RubyTuesdayToo


21 comments:

  1. I feel for you with menopause, I've been going through it now for about 5 years, the one thing I find is that it seems to exhaust me and takes my energy, multivitamins help but some days are rougher than others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 years!! OMG. I watched the movie Aurora (French) and realise it can drag on but I'm really hoping only 12 months...but I thought that with COVID too and look where we are...

      Delete
  2. I both love and hate the show You; it is creepy but I am so invested in what happens next! I studied psychology in college and find it fascinating how the mind works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so terrifying. It was so easy for him in the beginning (when they showed how he infiltraited & manipulated her thinking). It has made me look at things I do (but more really for my daughters and what they do).

      Delete
  3. I hope all your fun social plans work out. It's nice to have something to look forward to. Thank you for linking up with #weekendcoffeeshare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so uplifting. Thanks for sharing. And linking! #KCACOLS www.growingesceptional.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your rough ride with the hormones Lydia. For us male type, we don't really have something to compare it to, but we do have certain 'challenges' that start right after puberty and we don't recover until several weeks after death.
    But that's a different matter entirely. . . ;-)
    I hope relief is just a day or so away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great roundup post Lydia, lots going on. Hoping those hormones get sorted out soon for you, not much fun! #weekendcoffeeshare

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hating all that menopausal things too - surely to goodness, there must be a fix?! Sounds like you have some lovely plans lined up. I look forward to reading more about them! Thanks for joining us over at #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s nice to see some kind of normality being restored to our lives. I think we’ve all missed not having anything to look forwarded to. Sounds like fun times ahead for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The not having anything to look forward to and the 'sameness' was such a bigger issue that you'd think it would be.

      Delete
  9. Hi Lydia - thank goodness for good friends! I don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for those wonderful women who have my back and a listening ear. I'm so glad you could call on your tribe during a not great time. Also happy to hear that things are finally becoming more normal for you and that you have plenty to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lydia, I know how much you were finding staying home hard...I do hope things are improving with you now too. Hard yards being female. Thank you so much for linking up your blog post for Life This Week. I hope to see you next week, for the last of my Taking Stock posts. Do join in, with a post on or off prompt. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope all your plans go ahead. Covid is really taking our life lately. It finally hit our home but thankfully we are getting out of it. I also watched YOU. I loved it and it also terrified me. It is crazy! Thanks for sharing your post with us at #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you're ok. I was really worried for you guys.

      Delete
  12. It is fun to be making plans again and getting out and about. Hope you enjoy all the fun things you have coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all of your art pictures. I'm glad you're able to see some of your favorite musical artists again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been wondering whether to jump on the You bandwagon also! I'm almost finished my current series so I need something new to watch :) #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't agree more about sometimes all you need is a little text back and forth to feel a little lighter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the heart. Of course I do, hearts are to love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A nice variety of murals, the one with the man leaning against the post is just so cute. I agree that talking to our friends is enough to lighten our problems. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Lydia.

    ReplyDelete