Thursday 4 November 2021

Squid Game Doll in Sydney


Like the rest of Sydney, I had to race out to see the Squid Game Doll. And the experience did not fail to delight. 

It was a genius way to get more people flooding The Rocks Market.

 

I rounded the corner and a little child started singing the song. The Dad smiled embarrassed as I grinned broadly at her.













I had gone early to miss the crowds (but there was no early enough evidently, though I was stillable to space. When the head turned, some of us played the game 'unofficially' but when the head turned and the 'lasers' turned on, half the crowd squealled in delighted surprise. Me included.



People in the crowd dressed for the occasion, adding to the atmosphere.


When I went, the people spaced themselves (and vax-certs were checked prior to entering the fenced section) . It was a good way to ease into being in a 'crowd'.

It was actually surprising how fun it was. I then roamed around The Rocks Market and remembered how much I liked being there. All the things we've missed these last few months.


The Rocks was geared up for Halloween so there as a festive feel to the streets.



The Rocks has an Immersive Art exhibtiion on in the streetsand Sugar Republic is back, openning on the 6th Nov.



Did you go and see the doll? Did you like it more than you thought you would?



Linking with #WeekendReflection for the street scenes
 




15 comments:

  1. Way cool and I love all those carved pumpkins.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! Wow! That is so cool. We have had one appear in the UK over the weekend. I've just seen something on Twitter about it. It must have been a sight to see.
    Those pumpkins are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw wow this looks awesome x #mysundaysnapshot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how she would be an attraction! I must be one of the few people who have not watched this TV show as yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I hope she comes here. Will start planning a costume!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally, totally different. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched Squid Game, but the doll looks seriously scary!
    Popping over from #mysundaysnapshot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, such a creepy but famous doll. Such a super snap! Thanks so much for sharing and for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't seen the Squid Game, the doll looks, well, doll-like. It's big. I must be missing something. The pumpkins are fun.
    Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! love these their brilliant brought a big smile on me face heheh! :-)

    Have a squidgametastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of fun to be had there!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/11/this-is-all-ill-say-about-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. sun and fun activities, great.

    ReplyDelete