Monday 24 October 2022

Share Four Somethings - October


Something Loved: I wrote about the excitement that my eldest chick might be returning to the coop. She did yesterday, and the whole removalist thing took much longer than anticipated so she more or less unloaded and my husband and i had to race off to meet friends at the theatre. I'd organised pizza to be delivered for dinner so the siblings would eat together. When we got home, they were all in the lounge room playing something on playstation. There was much mirth and camaraderie. It truly made my heart sing. As I often lament, our youngest has become an only child (which is not bad in itself but is a loss if you had a different experience before, and that was taken from you). 

Something Gleaned: We went to L'Hotel at the Opera house, The day before, we got an email to come in our black tie finery or something along those lines. I thought 'How stupid, everyone has to come from work'. However, we did it, and when we saw everyone in the foyer, everyone was checking each other out (in an admiring 'look at them, looks good' kind of way. It was like we were all part of a secret club). When we were all at the tables, it really did make us feel like we were part of it and the Studio had indeed been transformed into something special. We left elated and giddy (though that also could have been the champagne). So what I learnt was perhaps I need to ignore my first negative reaction and positively embrace things more easily.

Something Braved or Saved: I have to do Karaoke on the weekend. I am not a very good singer with very limited range. I saw Moulin Rouge this week and Sia's Chandelier was echoing in my head, so I thought I'd do that. Except, you know, Sia can sing. So then I tried Choir of Man's version, but it was too slow and took the fun out of it. I am now doing the Moulin Rouge version - which I can sing in key cos it's low, and belt it out enthusiastically. I've also been singing it all over the place as it's a really catchy song....so while I haven't braved it just yet, it is something I will brave. Where there is a will, there's a way....







Linking with #RubyTuesdayToo and #BlueMonday


Something Achieved: I got my Tax done. Boring but necessary. Not a good way to end, but it is about the only thing I achieved that springs to mind. Takes a load off my mind for another year.....

Linking with #ShareFourSomethings. #HappyTuesday #WWandP  #MCoW #TravelTuesday #WednesdayAroundtheWorld

loopyloulaura
 #WeekendCoffeeShare
My Random Musings


20 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia, how lovely to have your eldest chick back in the nest and to enjoy seeing all siblings together! For me it's my youngest chick that has left the nest and it's very doubtful if she'd ever come back except perhaps out of necessity between rentals or something. Your black tie event sounds like such fun! I'd have had the negative first reaction too (sounds like me) but good you went to the effort and appreciated it at the time. Well done on getting your tax done and look at the opera house - she can look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely having your eldest home. Having your babies home does the heart good indeed.

    Love the champagne. Hubby and I love champagne.

    What a lovely night out you had.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia - how lovely to have your daughter return to the fold, it's such a joy to have the extra time together. Sounds like you evening out was great and good on you for doing karaoke - way out of my league!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on having the family back together, it makes my heart sing too! Good luck with the singing - you're braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to listen to your singing Moulin Rouge version😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I bet it's wonderful to have your daughter back home. These photos look fabulous! I would have rolled my eyes at wearing black tie too but then when I watch movies and things I always think it would be so fun and glamourous to go to a black tie event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have your eldest back, even for a bit I guess. I could just live vicariously through you and your social life and all that you do.

    Oh but you've reminded me I've not done my tax yet!!! Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the family being back together I can understand is lovely. Our eldest did this a couple of times. What a beautiful showcase too of all that's happening in 'switched on' Sydney at night...ps saw the logo. thank you! Thanks for being part of the link up for Wednesday’s Words and Pics and sharing your post. It’s always great to see you join in. See you next week…and it’s November already! Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand pics of the Moulin Rouge !- and about your family situation - we went through that, and it's hard for your youngest child. On the happy side of that, we still have after our son moved out, still most regular contact with him rather than our girls! So you have that to look forward too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great month! Good luck with the Karaoke!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Enjoy your daughter's return!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a marvelous time. Singing - how brave of you! You'll have to share your next recording. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to have your daughter back with you. I remember how much I loved pizza night with a bit of PlayStation playing with my brother. Such fab memories. What did you think of Moulin Rouge? Thank you for joining us for the #DreamTeam :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not such a fan of the Juke Box musicals (I get distracted trying to pick the song or with my own memories associated with the song - I'd rather they just wrote new catchy songs). That said, it is, like the movie, a celebration of Sytle over Substance and it it truly glorious to watch - a visual feast of dazzling opulence....I tried for about three months weekly to get the lottery tickets ($30) but no luck so we ended up paying the hefty $200 a ticket. I can see why it cost so much but it still stung. That all said, it was worth it and I had fun.

      Delete
  14. Looks like you had a busy, fun October#dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a great October. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never done karaoke and not sure anyone would want me to! I moved 2 roads away from my parents when I finally left home aged 34, can't imagine not being nearby so bet you are happy that your eldest is back. Thanks for linking up with #dreamteam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fantastic month for you!

    ReplyDelete