Thursday 9 February 2023

Revelations from the lost years....

 I feel I've lost all sense of time over the last three years of Covid. I can't tell how long ago anything was or when it happened. Three years have been compressed into one in my head. I've been aware of this but it doesn't ease any confusion for me.

Last year I had to see a plastic surgeon to get some BCCs cut out of my head...I am sure I had a full body check while we were at it. I remember it clearly. I discovered another raised bump in Bali and on my return made an appointment to get it checked out. The receptionist asked if I needed a full body check and I said no, I had it last year. However, while with the dr, he looked at the notes and announced that while I had the surgery last year, the full body check was 2020. 

I keep discovering revelations from the lost years like this.

So, this is a short warning that any preventative tests you need to have regularly, you probably need to book it in now, because it was probably last done less recently than you think, if you live in Sydney or Melbourne where lockdowns dragged on for years.


Photos are from the magnificent production of Amadeus at the Opera House, but I feel they visually reflect my distorted concept of time and it's elasticity, folding into the present.

Linking with #WWOT #WordlessWednesday #WWandP #FriendshipFriday



19 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the prior wo years. Like you, I was surprised at how far behind I had fallen in scheduling various medical and dental appointments after canceling them during the height of the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree ... that`s going on with the Pandemie. We have a similiar story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you lost so much to lockdowns. Here in the US, depending on what state you lived in, we didn't have much in the way of lockdowns. Our state was only in lockdown for three months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got behind in seeing my dentist and that cost me a lot of money when I finally got in. My primary saw me regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I am behind in everything sadly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those years of Covid 19 have been a puzzling time

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing and caring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lydia a good reminder. I try to keep tests around my birthday so I remember, although last week I had a letter reminding me that my colonoscopy is due in May. I thought it wasn't until the end of the year. Hope all okay with your skin check and that's a reminder for me to have one. #WWandP

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's difficult to speak about this period, a horror one. And every day it appears new pieces of a strange puzzle and we are part of it. I wish you to be well. Take care and thank you for the advice. 😘❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that the last few years seem to feel melded into one! I hope your full body check turns out AOK! Love the photos to represent visually the distortions in your head. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the reminder - of the checks not the reason why the years all blended together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the pandemic has indeed stolen three precious years from us.
    Hugs and blessings, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good reminder for us all Lydia, hope all is well with your tests and checkups. #wwandpics

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are OK from those checks....You are so not alone in this! I have to refer to my on-line diary, calendar and paper calendar often...and this week cannot remember which day is which... Thank you for sharing your post for this week’s Wednesdays Words and Pics. The “good news” I mentioned in my intro this week is that we have found & secured a new place to live, where we hoped for, and next week’s post will explain more! Take care, and I hope to see you next week too. Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry for any concern - I am totally fine healthwise (just not time perception wise). Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good post there is a big backlog here in our NHS their catching up very slowly although it's impossible to get a dental appointment at the moment Covid has caused so many other problems

    Have a caringtastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  17. Covid has been especially hard for folks like me - I lost my husband to this pestilence, and the combination of the covid isolation and his death upended so many long-standing relationships. I've made others, but still mourn those that preceded the pandemic. What a scourge.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/02/spring-is-here.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really sorry people didn't rally aropund you in some way at a time when you really needed it.

      Delete