Wednesday 26 July 2023

What's been on my calendar?

 I'd misread this link up and thought it was what we had on the horizon, not what we'd been doing....so for the fist time, I'll talk about the fun stuff I've done. After the post COVID lull, I've thrown myself back into things, so lots of good times with friends, but the highlight was a special experience at Hinchcliff House. About a year ago I bid on a silent auction for mental health - I assumed I'd be out bid and there was alcohol (or manic life passing my by mood manifestation). However, i did not get out bit and so won a bespoke experience at Hinchcliff house, a fairly new venue I'd not yet been to.






I took a friend for her 50th and our husbands. We met for drinks and entree at Lana, the restaurant on the top public floor (there is a floor higher that you can hire for events).  It was so strange being greeted by name and welcomed as a VIP.  It made the night seem very special indeed, yet also sort of homely (comfortable? Not sure the word I'm after but it was relaxed),  The food in this restaurant was sensational, and I've booked a return dinner here with friends in a month or so.







Then we move downstairs and were handed over into Grana, a Italian restaurant that had a vibe of a stone farm house in Tuscany (though with very slick interiors - it sparked lots of discussion of archictects and wood and stone). They make their own flour, so pasta (and the amazing bread) is a must. Sensational.


Dessert and a nightcap down in Apollonia, the Godfather themed bar. The staff were charming and friendly, the atmosphere cosy and the tiramasu divine. So was the negroni.








It really was such a fun and unique experience. I loved it all. Weirdly, while it's in an old historic wool store, I'd somehow never noticed the building there before, even though it's been there since the late 1870's. It's very close to Circular Quay so easy to get to.










It was perfect!! Infact, I loved it so much I sent them a thank you letter*! (Proving I'm not really used to this VIP treatment at all!)

Obviously my Insta is the best place to see what I'm up to...and looking ahead, this week I have my dance card full - not one but two dancing events in one night. Can not wait!!


*It was an email, but that sounds weird.




Linking with #WBOYC finally correctly answering the question....and #TheRandom #MCoW #TravelTuesday

You can't quite see it but that's the wooden flour mill - grain mill?






12 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience, I'm quite jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise for your friend's 50th and Hinchcliff House looks wonderful. A very special treat indeed. Thanks for sharing at WBOYC? and have a fabulous August. We are heading towards the end of Winter yay! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am glad you continue to get out and about and have fun. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a special evening. I am sure your friend was dazzled. I love to go new places to eat but get very nervous if there are too many forks, or foods that I don't recognize on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lydia - That evening looks incredible. What a wonderful treat to share with your friend. Even though WBOYC is meant as a monthly catchup, we are also delighted for you to share anything coming up on your calendar as well. Enjoy your dance evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hy Lydia, ditto what Donna said about the linkup - pretty much anything goes. I love that experience you had and sharing it with friends was very generous of you. the fact you've booked to go again says a lot! Great to have you join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks and sounds like my kind of evening... and ditto what the others have said... anything goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely night out with friends, Lydia. I enjoyed reading about what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow; that sound like a delicious and amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun experience, Lydia, and the homemade pasta sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In any case, what a lovely post, such a great experience you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete