Saturday, 5 September 2026

A change for the better...

Twice in Japan, in different areas, I've stumbled across these vending machines. They are adorned with fire fighters and fire trucks so you can't miss them.

Part of the proceeds are given to a fund to support widows and children of the fire fighters who lost their lives at work.


How simple, yet affective. Like myself on a hot night, people buy water or drinks. Why not have part of that go and do good in the world?

I want to investigate how to do that here, as we only recently (Nov 2025) expanded the list of cancers covered for fire fighters, even thought those very cancers were more than likely caused by fire fighting chemicals. 

Or a different charity. Any charity. We could have many different kinds. Women's Shelters, Smith Family, Wayside  - whatever! A $1 from every sale. Slowly the world changes a little.

As I saw in Cambodia, tourism and consumer spending can directly help those in need. And for the consumer, nothing changes. 

The world doesn't get better by chance, it gets better by change. Let's be that change!

(Note, I'm paraphrasing a quote by Jim Rohn)


No comments:

Post a Comment