Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Share Four Somethings - September

 





Here we are, back at the end of the month. This year is really flying!








 Something I loved  Having all the family over for a Graduation celebration, and we ended up watching a movie together, at the grad's request. It was like old times, when we all lived in the same house. It was so heartwarming for me. I miss those days. And with just the final exams pending, my baby has finished school. I have NO school children after 21 years of being a school parent.

We went and saw The Shark is Broken - it's very funny and very clever and well done. I had expected it to be a spoof but it's a proper play - if you can still get tickets go. I haven't watched the move in 30 years but it didn't matter - I remembered all the references, so it was really interesting how BIG an impact that film was at the time. It's on in Sydney until the 4th of October and then it heads to Melbourne. Don't miss it! Tickets here (or on TodayTix)

Very late to the party, but Spotify threw me this song. It reminds me of a song I used to listen to in my late teens or 20s but I can't for the life place it. Anyway, I was very disappointed to discover they toured here in January, as I missed it!  I find the dancing infectious!

Something that sustained me More family time with Father's Day - we went to Future Brewing for their pizza that everyone is raving about and it's def worth a visit. In fact we went back for takeaway two week's later! But more to the point, I just love having the kids all together.



Something I'm carrying forward from this month to the next My Sunday afternoon Mah Jong got cancelled but my husband and I played bananagrams in the sunshine instead. We used to play nightly before or after dinner but that's stopped. I'm going to get us back into it, as I realised I'd missed it.

Something I'm making space for Unfortunately, Mum is back in hospital. So back to cancelling plans to make space for looking after people who need me. Life is tricky at times. But making a bit more 'free time' can take the pressure off.

Linking with #MondayMusicMovesMe and #HappyNow because a few little things here made me very happy!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on making time for you and your husband despite caregiving responsibilities. It's too easy to lose yourself. Your song was new to me and got me dancing in my chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's so cheery and when I'm walking and listening to it, I speed up and almost dance along! It's a mood boost!

      Delete