Thursday 1 June 2017

100 ways to say I love you.


One of the loveliest pieces in VIVID in 2017 was titled 100 ways to say I love you. It had the words for love in different languages, that shone onto the ground and walls around it, and of course, onto any people that stood beneath it. You could literally bask in the light of love.

I stumbled upon it on the way to the Sydney Writers Festival, so I liked the use of words instead of images for it's location in Angel Place. I liked that while the words were all different, the meaning was the same. They look different, but are the same, when you understand them. Just like people.

With all this art around, how can you not love life?

Linking with #MySundayBest on LOVE





19 comments:

  1. Did you see the Crossword display as part of Vivid Chatswood. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a beautiful display! I've always enjoyed other people's pictures of Vivid Sydney, I'd really like to go one day, but it will have to wait until the boys are older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find and such a wonderful creation ~ neat photo from your world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative indeed... 100 different languages to say I love you. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! What a fabulous idea from the designer :) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely inclusion in Sydney's Vivid!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's just beautiful. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fabulous is that?! :-) #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is wonderful! I must try to get to Sydney for Vivid it is an amazing time and this example is just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how incredibly gorgeous. I'm not very good at saying it, so it's perfect for someone like me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful art and wonderful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so lucky to have Vivid in and around where you live. Thanks for sharing it, I'd love to see it oneday for myself x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful idea and your reading of it is great, Lydia!
    Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best meme".

    ReplyDelete