Tuesday 13 June 2017

VIVID Rocks! - what are you waiting for?




Time is almost up - VIVID ends this weekend (17th) so get out and explore. The Rocks Precinct is lots of fun this year with plenty of interactive and immersive installations.







This one was my favourite - it's at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (but if you have kids with you, you will be hit up for massive fairy floss!)


Lots of fun for the little people and the tech savvy teens.
















Take some photos on your camera and Cannon will kindly give you a large printed copy of one of your VIVID pics. You do need a memory card though.
Cannon  HQ



The interactive building projection at Cadman Cottage is great fun, Dance on keyboards to create the film.



Just nearby is this entertaining creation


In Argyle Place there is the fabulous Gullivers Travels, where you control the action. Light up hopscotch and a little further along, the wonderful Undercover World.



 So what are you waiting for?




Linking with both #RubyTuesdayToo and #BlueMonday  (& apologies, I'm not able to comment on your page? It's wanting my email when my email is there??)









31 comments:

  1. wow, this is almost too much to take in. So much to explore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that place looks awesome!
    Thanks for stopping by and sharing at Tots and Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks amazing. My kids would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Now THAT is a light show to beat all!
    I hope you'll come link up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/pretty-view-in-ladies-loo.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, that looks incredible!!!! I love the floating umbrellas!! #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the umbrellas, that is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. I miss popping to random art exhibitions. #StayClassyMama

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seem to always miss VIVID. I think I should book for next year's soon so I won't have an excuse and will finally see this spectacle in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the inspiration to visit Australia. Does this happen every year? I need to do it! #wkendtravelinspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Sydney - used to be 2 weeks late May, this year was three weeks - late may to mid june.

      Delete
  11. Winter in Sydney looks full of colour! I was just wondering where this was and if I could get there - clearly not but wow what a special event this looks and something for all ages to enjoy too. Lovely photos, so bright and vibrant.

    Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing a series on them - this is my 6th post on it. I realise now I forgot to say it was in Sydney. Yes. A little far for you!

      Delete
    2. It's a very big family event. Lot's of interactive installations for the kids

      Delete
  12. Wow. This looks incredible and so much fun to explore! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these photos are awesome! #silentsunday

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just incredible. I love hearing about this festival and I'm glad you spent some time there. I love your umbrella photo. How cool is that of Canon? I'd be all over this if I got half a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the lights and colours

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this looks like a fantastic event, very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant I enjoyed those so much clour :-)

    Have a vividtastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely loved Vivid this year, it keeps getting better and better! Amazing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dazzling and creative night shots ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like fun! Great shots; brilliant colors. Thanks for linking up at Life at Rossmont.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Light up hop scotch! Whaaaattt this looks amazing I definitely have to go! Thanks so much for sharing with #StayClassyMama

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a great event particularly if you are into tech. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! I was think that we may make it only to realise its in Sydney! We plan to visit one day so I will have to look it up then. #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  24. I nearly asked where is this and then saw the other comments. Stunning first and last photo.Really makes me wish we had something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks so much fun, my eldest would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love, love, love that one red umbrella!

    ReplyDelete