Tuesday 6 June 2017

Bathe my soul in colours




Kahil Gibran ends that quote with  'let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.' There is something joyful about colourful displays that lifts the spirit instantaneously. I suspect that's why I love VIVID so much.

 It's a joyous immersion into colour.







I was mesmerized by the Voxelscape,which is apparently more than 9000 globes that ebb and flow in colour and patterns. The VIVID district in Chatswood is well worth a visit this year.










There's plenty of interactive fun for the kids, with light up drums and many interactive walkways. Not to forget, of course, plenty of good food to eat. 








There are market stalls in the mall, and the mini film projected with a 3D pit reflection pool installation accompanying it.




This VIVID you really will be “Walking through darkness with thoughts full of colors".
(Prajakta Mhadnak)


These last few weeks, I've been loving my life - spending the nights meeting friends and roaming the streets. #LovingLifeLinky


Linking with #ScenicWeekends #SundayBest #WednesdayAroundThe World #PointShoot #TravelTuesday #PictorialTuesday
#FridayPhotoJournal



















18 comments:

  1. All those colours were memorising :-)

    Have a colourfultastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your shots of the interchange from different angles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat images!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2017/06/pretty-view-in-ladies-loo.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Thanks so much for sharing at NanaHood.com Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely images - it's not easy capturing an experience like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible colors! Happy to be bathed under those beautiful colors..

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pretty lights! They make me feel like dancing.

    http://www.anapeladay.com/2017/06/ww-omahalibrary-volunteer-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The globes in Voxelscape provide an interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that looks
    Amazing!
    And I love the final quote too...
    “Walking through darkness with thoughts full of colors". So beautiful!
    Thank you for sharing with #PointShoot 📸

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love VIVID too!! I always enjoy reading about and seeing what others took away from their visits.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning! One of my girlfriends won a trip last year (to VIvid) and left yesterday. I told her I'd been seeing some gorgeous photos and I note she shared some herself last night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much colour! Sydney really to know how to put on a show and I would love to witness this event one day. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful and I think Vivid is a fantastic idea. To me it the colour brings out such happiness. I must visit Sydney Vivid Festival one year - love the Opera House Sails lit up.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the colour Lydia. What a fabulous reason to get out in the evenings and meet up with friends. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. That's incredible. I'd love to see that.
    #teamlovinlife

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic record of this wonderful festival, Lydia. Very creative compositions!
    Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What fantastic images! This sounds fantastic. x #PointShoot

    ReplyDelete