Wednesday 12 December 2018

More little things


I have had a very difficult week for a number of reasons, and certainly not helped by the anxiety (or grief) of Dad not being around for Christmas (for the first time) turning into rage. I am fed up with a lot of things and I am sick of biting my tongue. While I normally just keep quiet when people are being jerks, I've mouthed off a few times this week. Anyway, I can see it's probably a deflection of what is actually causing me distress, and anger is certainly easier (though probably not for everyone else). I will be glad when Christmas is over, truth be told. However, here is a tip. If you always talk about yourself and your interests, don't assume it's because the other person thinks it's interesting or you are always right, sometimes they're just polite. Perhaps show the same courtesy to them in return. It reminds me of The Second Best Exotic  Marigold Hotel - always be person B, never person C. 





Our Gingerbread house went missing in the post (along with a few gifts) - but I guess I should be grateful that it's the first time it's happened, and because the gingerbread house was in it, I chased up sooner than I would have, so have time to rebuy gifts for those people - and rush out and get a gingerbread house today for the little one.









I had a lovely much needed catch up with friends, that put me in a much better mood, and am off to a curious sort of escape room in a bar tonight! These little things make me happy.

My eldest got fabulous HSC results so assuming the ATAR matches tomorrow, she can breath easy for a few months! Hope everyone got what they were after, and if they didn't, there are open days this weekend to work out your pathways. Plenty of roads to Rome. It's just the beginning, not the conclusion.






Lastly, I will be away but if you are in Sydney, I would look no further than Furnace and the Fundamentals xmas party on the 20th. Best fun! You will dance all night! Buy tix here.













Until Feb, Happy Christmas everyone! Keep safe over the holidays and may 2019 bring with it all things wonderful for you.



Linking with #KCACOLS  #ThatFridayLinky and #FridayFeature




13 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great and healing break Lydia, and congratulations to your daughter on the results. Here's hoping that 2019 brings you happiness and all things wonderful. Thanks for linking up with us in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and sharing that fab Furnace & the Fundamentals vid. As an aside, thanks for introducing me to so much I haven't heard of this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so cranky I can't go. I'm sending a number of friends in my place...Happy xmas to you!

      Delete
  3. Big hugs for you on this being your first Christmas without your Dad. I know the feeling. I lost my Dad just before Christmas 2017 so this is my second Christmas without him but only just over 1 year since we lost him. Take care of yourself Lydia! xo #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you. It's a weird thing. I think I boxed it away and was wondering why I was so angry at everything and everyone. Then the penny dropped. It's helped a bit so I can dial back my 'reactions' (But I seem to also be in a festival of jerks at the moment too, so that isn't helping ;) Happy xmas to you. 12 months probably isn't long enough to grieve properly. Hard times.xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your daughter on the HSC results. Wishing you a peaceful holiday, and a happy New Year 2019. #TeamLovinLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year to you too!

      Delete
  5. Wishing you a peaceful Christmas and a blessed New Year. #thatfridaylinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you lots of hugs on this first Christmas without your dad. Congrats to your daughter! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your line 'plenty of roads to Rome'. So true. See you on the other side! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh we had a gift go missing - annoying when that happens. Although to be honest I'm probably surprised it doesn't happen more often. Still all turned out good in the end! #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  9. How annoying that a parcel went missing. Thank God you managed to replace the content. So sorry again about your dad. Hope you had a lovely Christmas Lydia and I wish you all the best for 2019! Thanks for sharing this with us at #kcacols :-) xx

    ReplyDelete