Monday 18 February 2019

Expressions of Love - Love is all around


Valentine's Day in Sydney seems to see the shops festooned with these...however, as mentioned before, Valentine's Day now competes with the Lunar New Year, which seems to be a larger commercial success for the shopping centres and businesses so the lanterns and other decorations overshadow the hearts and roses these days. A tradition I like because it is more inclusive of the single and recently divorced people...













We had dinner at home but walked up the road to have a cocktail, play some Banangrams and pacman. Was home again in forty minutes, but all in all a great night. Expressions of love aren't in the money spent, but the enjoyment had.


With a party on the weekend, I was busy organising and this is my favourite photo! Totally Baller! The party was a way to thank my 'village', the people that have got me through my life so far - those who run in to rescue me when I need it, or those who just turn up to make the good times happen.

The minute Valentine's Day is over in Sydney, the Mardi Gras decorations come out. Expression of love of a different kind. Marking a protest, it's now a celebration of acceptance and pride. Remember, diversity is being asked to the party, inclusion is being asked to dance. While there still seems to be a lot of jerks in parliament (and 32 certain schools), most of Sydney just wants to dance, with everybody.





Happy Mardi Gras, celebrate your friends and share the love - which ever applies.

Linking with #OpenSlather

Follow live with my Instagram

18 comments:

  1. Oh so beautiful are the roses! (I saw your thumbnail on our World Tuesday & had to come view the entire photo)

    I live just hours from New Orleans, so Mardi Grad is big sound here also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auto correct changed Gras to Grad...sorry.

      Delete
    2. Auto correct does my head in....it's way too 'English' centric...

      Delete
  2. Lovely roses, well you could had saved me some cocktail heheh :-)

    Have a cheerstastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like thanking those that have helped so far. Nephew lives in New Orleans and rides on one of the floats every year. He loves of vibe of the party city year round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die Rosen sind wunderschön!
    Viele Beispiele mit rot, gefällt mir.
    Das ist mein Beitrag
    https://meinmitmach.blogspot.com/2019/02/ich-sehe-rot.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many reds! Thanks for joining in the fun at Ruby Tuesday Too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mardi Gras! A celebration of acceptance and pride seems like the best kind of party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun. Love those roses.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers to you! I love your way of thinking. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely way to spend 40 mins

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mardi Gras is a lot more fun than Valentine's Day which seems like a set up for disappointment. I wish they celebrated it more here, it's so festive and the food and drinks are not what I'd usually indulge in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I'd change my link to Google+ so people can more easily find you or I guess find you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true on money spent for Valentines vs time shared. I like the special pluses shard during the year. Sounds like a nice evening, and would be wonderful to be in walking distance of a place for drinks and games. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah love the roses Valentines day is not big here in NZ Mardi grass sounds like fun Love the rainbow colours on the street and yes I am all for diversity too

    ReplyDelete