Thursday 28 February 2019

Taking stock - March






Making : A mess, but that's better than nothing, I guess.

Drinking : Champagne, baby! There were left overs from the big milestone birthday.


Reading:My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises - not loving it, to be honest. It's okay.


Wanting: More time. Or maybe to be more organised? Just don't seem to be getting enough done. 
Look at me being a grown up!
 Looking: At my spending. I decided to cut back on concerts as last year was a little manic (a kind of weird therapy to deal with my father dying over a drawn out period). However, while I started well in Jan, only one concert and one festival, Feb has seen it creep up again and March and April have gone a little crazy....My aim is 2 a month, not 2 or 3 a week! Though last year I even did 2 in a night, so I guess I've improved on that! 






Enjoying: Living in Sydney. The arts and restaurants, the waterfront and the general tolerance and diversity of the people.




















Liking:Coriander & chilli in my breakfast omelette

Wondering: How people can say that we shouldn't say Pell is guilty until the end of the appeal. The expression is 'Innocent until Proven Guilty'. He was proven guilty. So he is guilty. No paperwork has even been lodged for an appeal yet. Guilty, full stop. Let's remember the victims and lives ruined for now. Let's stand by the poor children who had their lives destroyed by acts inflicted on them. Let's not turn our backs on them yet again.

Loving: That 2 of my kids seem to have got amazing teachers.Having already spent 12 years in the education system, I am not easily impressed. These 2 teachers appear to be way ahead of the norm. I can only hope the change in Government invests more in public education, both in resources and directly into the teachers pockets too. Human capital is not to be undervalued, if anything is to be learnt from Finland.

Hoping: A new Government as State level will undo the mistakes of the NSW Libs. And bring in pill testing. And not sell the Powerhouse.

Marvelling: Hopefully at Captain Marvel. I don't care what people say, I can't wait!

Needing: To exercise more. And use my bath house voucher I got for my birthday. I went last night and felt like a million dollars! Have 2 more visits...can't wait!




Thinking: About how it was possible to poison the drinking water in Flint in the USA. It was not terrorism, it was allegedly the government, and greed. How can that be? In a Western country with all the 'safety' checks in place? Can it really be possible? And then think about what's happening here with the fracking and the reef. Could they knowingly destroy our water? Could they risk public safety for a buck?

Opening: These little psychology snacks from Intangible Goods. (Available at the Mini Mart in Petersham until the end of March). Got some to give to friends instead of cards.

Feeling
: Very lucky to have such magnificent friends. The thought that went into the gifts (even though I said no gifts!) and the effort put into dressing up for my Baz Lurhmann party was sensational. Everyone looked so wonderful. I feel very loved, at the moment, and it was nice to give a little back to my village.









Linking with #AnythingGoes #PicturePerfectLinkyParty #WordlessWednesday #Dreamteam #ThruMyLens #Shelbeeontheedge and #KCACOLS

Follow along on Instagram





22 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing back some great memories of living in Sydney for 6 months a long time ago. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party sounds fab! I loved Sugar Republic but wasn't that keen on My Grandmother Sends Her Apologies - much preferred his other books. A Man Called Ove is one of my all time faves. Happy -0 Birthday - here's to bubbles not troubles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it makes all the difference having understanding teachers that go that extra mile. The breakfast event sounds interesting X #kcacols

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos of Sydney have brought beautiful memories back for me. I was born and raised there and never tire of looking at the beaches and Harbor Bridge. I enjoyed reading about your month and hope that March will be full of joy and more adventures in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this format and enjoyed reading your answers. I agree with many of your thoughts, especially the Pell one and state government changes. I love visiting Sydney and your photos show it off beautifully. I agree with you about that book, it was Ok but I enjoyed Ove more. I also used this format for the first time and enjoyed it. All the best for the month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. All the best in March! #lifethisweek

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to champagne! I am physically repulsed by Cardinal Pell and the crimes he committed and allowed to continue.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun way to look at life! Good luck on cutting back with those concerts (though truthfully you could have a much worse vice).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What nice photos I hope you saved me some champers heheh!

    Have a sparklingtastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos of Sydney! I hope to visit before too long. Glad to hear your kids have great teachers. That makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were very quiet about your big birthday...but so glad it went well. I also think attending those concerts and helping you through the death of your dad was a good thing. Great news on the kids' teachers. And yes, WE too are hoping for more public education action with HOPEFULLY a change of govt. But ....let's see. Lovely pics and Happy BIG Birthday!!

    Thanks for linking up for #lifethisweek. Next week's optional prompt is 10/51 Share Your Snaps #2. 11/3/19. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time

    ReplyDelete
  14. GLad to hear 2 of your children seem to have some great teachers. Hope it works out well. I also agree with you on standing by the children that were abused in the Pell case. Their lives are forever changed and they'll never get that once beautiful innocence they had. Hope you enjoy more wonderful days in Sidney and let us know how your bath house visits go. Thanks for sharing it with us at #OMHGWW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely collection of memories and photos. I'm going to have to check out Captain Marvel! Thanks for joining us for the #dreamteam *If you see the movie soon, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how you broke everything down. The last photo is so stunning. Enjoy that champaign.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Sydney photos. We were there for our honeymoon 27 years ago!
    Such a lovely collection of memories and photos.

    #AnythingGoes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post, there never seems to be enough time in the day does there. Great photos of Sydney, somewhere I hope to visit one day xxx #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post!! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!! I would love to visit Sydney. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've got the same want! Time and/or better organisational skills, so all the great things I feel that I COULD do would actually get done! x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely pictures. I can't wait to see Captain Marvel. #kcacols

    ReplyDelete