Sunday 24 February 2019

My favourite things






I've had a pretty sensational weekend - Starting Thursday night, dancing with Aloe Blacc at the zoo, and tiffan for lunch made by a Thai lady (so delicious!).







Squeezing in the exhibition at Carriageworks by Nick Cave (the artist, US) which is well worth a look if you can get there before it closes on the weekend.















Friday night saw some Mah Jong with some fabulous friends, always an enjoyable evening.















Saturday we took to the driving range before lunch, with much hilarity and then a rainy afternoon bath.













My husband and I went to Eddie Izzard's Wunderbar - which I found delightful (my husband didn't laugh once...guess it was too whimsical for him). It was in the gorgeous State Theatre that still amazes me in it's beauty.











Another family lunch on Sunday, but this time, one down, as is becoming our norm with the very busy Uni student.












A girlfriend and I headed out to Ultra. I'll be honest, having seen 2 of the acts before, I thought they were a little 'down' (perhaps too much partying in Melbourne the night before or the staging didn't work as well for them?) But I still had fun, though I got so much dust in my lungs I'm still coughing!

This morning I woke very happy but feeling my age and in physical pain as I apparently used a lot of usually dormant back muscles  when I dance!






It's back to reality, but fortunately, while a little dull and mundane, my reality is still pretty good and my mood is elated.






Happiness is indulging in your favourite things, when you can. Art, music, dancing, food, laughs and friends & family - they all make me smile. Do more of what makes you happy.


(Note to those of you in the US and UK, this is a real Sydney weekend! Love this town!)




Linking with #Globalblogging, #TwinklyTuesday #HappyTuesday  #StayClassyMama

17 comments:

  1. ...concerts today have become more about the lighting and special effects and less about the music. Dang I feel old! My muscles would ache too. I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to a concert in years the last one i went to was here in London in the 90's to see Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons was brilliant :-)

    Have a strobelighttastic week Lydia :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to 3 this week! A funk, EDM and Symphony orchestra...all kinds :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds fun, live music and exploring is always fab in my eyes X #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about your fun week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly sounds like a lot of fun! That theater is so awesomely gorgeous, with the lovely chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you had a good time I love these chandeliers and the theater

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you had a lot of fun. I know I feel my age too if I stay up too late and wake up early. A little too much drinking gets me the next day too and I aim not to do that because I hate waking up feeling like crap. Thanks for sharing with #OMHGWW and see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just realised I've done the hashtag and link back wrong for about a 6 years now! Sorry. Will amend next week. I am the worst with hashtags!

      Delete
  8. Good food, lights, and entertainment! I love the light up images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowo, what a time you have had!! I love Eddie Izzard and Mah Jong, I feel we'd get on well!! #StayClassyMama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that was certainly a busy time, Lydia! Glad you enjoyed yourself :-)
    Thanks for taking part in the My Sunday Best Meme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems as if you had a fantastic time at the concert #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you've had a great time! Thanks for sharing and linking up #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a weekend! Sydney looks amazing. Thanks for linking up with #stayclassymama

    ReplyDelete