Wednesday 6 February 2019

Simplicity and success


I really like this picture. It reminds me of a Mondrian. The sun is reflected in one square alone. Making the 'colour' to the grey.

I wonder if when he painted Tableau and all those works in the Composition series, if he realised that would become his iconic style?

Maybe we over complicate success? Maybe success is simple but we have to be happy with simplicity instead of insisting on bigger and better all the time?

"Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” 
— Louise Hay


Linking with  #WeekendReflection



10 comments:

  1. I like the pic and I love simplicity too makes life easier in all ways :-)

    Have a simpletastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a memorable quote and I think we'd do fine if it weren't for other people, lol. No, but cool find, good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simple things in life.
    happy with simplicity for sure.
    Thanks for sharing your image.
    Stopping by from Through my Lens
    https://riacabralart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the lines! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote too. It's spot on.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple image, I love it! The quote is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simplicity disciplines the eye and teaches the brain to find details and relationships where they are often overlooked. Lovely image!
    Thanks for taking part in the My Sunday Best meme, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Sunday Best challenge theme this week, Lydia, is "SMALL". Come and join us!
    https://nixpixmix.blogspot.com/2019/02/my-sunday-best-meme-107-small.html

    ReplyDelete