Wednesday 10 August 2022

Happiness from unexpected moments

I had yet another plan collapse when my lunch with friends at the MCA clashed with a tradie's visit. At about 11am I got the message that he would now arrive 2 hours later so I texted my friends that I would tear in, look at the art but have to skip lunch. Of course, when I jumped out of my car in the Rocks, there was a text saying that they'd cancelled altogether. 









As I was in town, I went to Ultra Unreal anyway. I really enjoyed it (but you do need to allow more time to watch all the videos).

One of the works includes the actual Thai TV news footage of the cave rescue. It was mesmerising and elating. With the words along the lines of 'it's surprising what can be achieved if you believe' the images flash past woven into the artwork, but from a very Thai perspective, which was good to finally see. In both movies you don't get any idea of the true darkness in the cave, nor the distance they had to cover with those hoses. The anguish of the parents yelling to their children and the sad loss of life of Saman Gunan. It is worth noting that Petty Officer Beirut Pakbara also died after a year long blood infection he contracted during the rescue).




By coincidence, we had watched Thirteen Lives last week so it was all very fresh. It was great to see the real footage and really understand what a miracle it was, and how amazing humans can be. 13 Lives lacks a lot of what The Rescue has. If you only watch one of them, watch The Rescue (on Disney). If you intend to watch both, watch The Rescue first. I saw The Rescue at the cinema and assumed it would be a snoozefest but came back so elated from it that I posted this recommendation to friends.



So while I was disappointed to miss my friends, I was revitalised with the art, and even more so by the real life images to remind me of just what is possible.

And that is the #OneSmallThing that made me very happy this week.


What about you? What's made you happy or what are you grateful for?

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Linking with #YourMoment #WWOT #TheRandom #TrafficJamWeekend #WordlessWednesday #KeithsRamblings#PicturePerfectLinky #WonderfulWednesday and #AwwMonday because when I walked in and saw the kids toys, before I knew what they were, it made me go 'awww'

My Random Musings

4 comments:

  1. You show a fascinating green work of art, dear Lydia! How good that despite your disappointment you finally had a satisfying experience. That is truly a reason to be thankful. Considering the story of the 13 lives saved is another reason to be thankful that we did not find ourselves in such a situation. I didn't know that a second rescuer died as a result of the rescue operation. I can imagine that this thought will always occupy the rescued children, their parents and their coach. I'm grateful for so many things in my life - just for the fact that I'm alive... that me and my family live in a beautiful and so far safe place. Having a garden where fruit, vegetables and beautiful flowers grow makes me happy almost every day.
    All the best from Austria
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/blogparade-tropisch-exotisch-u30blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. The beautiful color of green.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's tragic that that man died helping them. But his family, I hope, can be comforted by the good that he did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the art and colour nice post

    Have an artistictastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete