Wednesday 3 August 2022

Winter Skies

 As we hit our last month of winter, the skies are getting a little lighter for longer. Just ever so slightly. I was picking up something in the city and leaving at quarter past five when the hues of sunset started to streak across the sky. Because I was late I couldn't run down to the water and make the most of it.


The morning view is always worth checking out at the moment.


My morning walks are brighter now before I hit the water front, but still lovely and make me feel lucky to be able to walk to a water front.





It really is the most wonderful way to start my week!




Linking with #WeekendReflection (there's a few but I like the pelican one as it looks like two heads on one body...) #DND #SkyWatch #NaturesNotes
 #HeidisHeavenlyGaze 
RachelSwirl







15 comments:

  1. ...winter looks very nice there, I'll stop back Monday to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice - and yes, I wanted to post it here :-)
    All the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the photos just in time, I'm not usually quick enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´ve got another one....hope you like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glorious skies!
    Happy Monday, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful winter sky, dear Lydia, and a beautiful atmosphere by the water!
    Here on the other side of the world we've just "survived" a few hot days, luckily it's gotten cooler and it's been raining. I'm looking forward to autumn! All the best from Austria!
    Have a happy week!
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/08/blackout-teil-2-krisensicher-durch.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a pretty walk along the waterfront. Beautiful skies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice sunset and you can't tell it's in the last month of winter maybe because the trees are all in their leaves? Or it's the palm tree in the foreground, a mistake on my part, because it doesn't necessarily have to be summer where palm trees grow? The same applies to the start of the weekend, who thinks of winter with such beautiful pictures? It's probably because it's summer in Europe right now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh! I have noticed our skies getting darker on an evening. Hmmf. What beautiful sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! It is indeed the best way to start the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning skylines, the light nights are starting to draw down to a close. Thanks so much for linking up with #MySundaySnapshot and for sharing your snaps.

    ReplyDelete