Wednesday 24 August 2022

“Learn from flowers – always angle towards the sun” ― Maureen Joyce Connolly

 

I've actually had a pretty great week (except the ongoing missing passport - which clocked in at 5 months since I applied and 1 month since the Passport Office found it but still no progress on creating the passport and sending it to me - my weekly attempt to contact them and find out what has happened is becoming quite distressing).







Linking with #RubyTueesdayToo and #BlueMonday


I went to AJR who were absolutely fabulous. They were almost video performance art/theatre so it was delightfully engaging as well as the music - which the audience treated as a loud singalong. Think if Blue Man Group could sing...I really loved it and left elated.









Caught up for dinner with a friend who I haven't seen properly in along time - she's been going through a lot so it was good to hear whatever she wanted to share and just connect again.











I have done a heap of walking this week, and even managed time in the botanical gardens for the magnificent Fleurs De Villes  Femmes. It ends this weekend so get in while you can. It's a stunning exhibition. There's even live music and lounges in the cafe so it's really worth allowing time to stay awhile.



In short, I guess friends, the city, music and beauty are making me happy. And I guess the lesson is when I'm down or overwhelmed, seek out these things for a boost.



Linking with #GardenAffair #FloralFridayFoto #DND #ThruMyLens #WonderfulWednesday #HappyTuesday #Allseasons

My Random Musings








What's made you happy this week?
















You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



12 comments:

  1. Wow, this figures all covered with flowers - great pics.
    All the best -and have a good time
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote at top made me think of my sunflowers. I have a south facing balcony and my lot stood with their backs to when they flowered last month! Simply love those flower folk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower displays are stunning. I can understand your frustration with the delay in receiving your new passport. Good for you for getting out there and taking your mind off the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flower mannequins are very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote. Excellent advice.

    Love the colorful mannequins. Beautiful in fact. Love all the colorful flowers.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are indeed very special and beautiful. Flowers sometimes speak louder than words and convey a message.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your title! Just what I needed because I have a bit if a dip at the moment ;). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're ok. I have a Gratitude/happiness link up on Thursdays #OneSmallThing. It might help you to celebrate a little happiness each week. (That's why I'm doing it. I was getting too caught up in the difficulties and now reveling in the good things)

      Delete
  8. This seems a very innovative and interesting concept for displaying blooms. I am glad you shared with Garden affair.

    ReplyDelete