Sunday 17 March 2024

"Fog is more dangerous than dark, as it gives the illusion of seeing." - Aleksandra Ninkovic


Our last morning on the South Coast was overcast and rainy so I decided to head back via Bowral to visit Dirty Janes. (the antique shop discussed here).

The mists grew to fog as I ascended the mountains, making it a specatcular vista which I would have loved to have photographed if only there was anywhere to pull over.

I made a pitstop at Fitzroy Falls, but only made it to the first look out. The fog was full white out so the walk to the second lookout would only have been for the exercise, as there would be nothing visible beyond the rail.

Howver, I was still very happy with my morning excursion. It was a delightful cocoon of anticipated excitement. A swirling reward of repainted scenery.

"Don't be afaid to go into the mist." Sophie Madden


 

18 comments:

  1. I like the fog, so I like a lot our images!
    Have a fine week ahead, Lydia!
    And I am thrilled I could comment...❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful if you're inside, but if you have to drive in it then not so much. My husband loves to walk in the fog.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots. We have a nickname for the San Francisco Fog- It is "Karl the Fog".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waterfall photos are lovely and so atmospheric. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I'm right there with you experiencing the mystical allure of the fog. I love the misty mountains and the ethereal landscape it created. And those waterfall photos are simply breathtaking!

    Happy Wednesday, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's something mesmerising about mist, as your pictures prove. The final one is simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos...yes fog is really bad to drive in and we had several really foggy days here...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very atmospheric and mysterious images! Thanks for taking part in. the "My Sunday Best" meme, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I have missed so many photo opportunities because I was driving. Once there was a bear walking in the mist, but there was no place to pull off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mind you, you probably want the safety of the car for that one!!

      Delete
  10. I like the mystical part of fog, Beautiful capture of foggy scenes. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That waterfall is so incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful waterfall in the fog! Thank you for your weekend coffee share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate driving in the fog, but it does make for gorgeous atmospheric photos. I hope you're enjoying Easter and have a great week to come.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo of the trees among the fog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful foggy photos. I love how fog can add mystery

    ReplyDelete
  16. Photography in fog can be so moody!

    ReplyDelete