Thursday 28 March 2024

He who plants a garden plants happiness. – Chinese proverb

 I wrote recently of Simple Pleasures and I've another to add. I have mentioned before when I walk the dog I literally stop and smell the magnicient roses from a house on route. However, the other evening, when I returned, as I opened our gate I was hit by the strong scent  of gardenias. Curiously, I couldn't see any flowers on the bushes. 

Once inside the garden, I had a closer inspection and there were two flowers hidden by the nearby hedge.








Discovering these flowers in full bloom, and emitting a glorious perfume filled me with delight.

I immediately thought, how genius to have planted this near the gate so you are welcome home and enveloped in this joy. I am not the gardener in this household.

It is definitely an experience to go onto my list of simple pleasures.

Linking with #HappyNow #AnythingGoes #HappyTuesday  #NaturesNotes #GardenAffair #FloralFridayFoto

JENerally Informed



4 comments:

  1. As a container gardener, I used to have a gardenia. I think it's time to get another! Such a wonderful scent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardenias have magical fragrance , unfortunately they do not survive our harsh hot weather. Thanks for sharing with Garden affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can smell them from here. Beautiful.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always something in nature to surprise and delight...

    ReplyDelete