Sunday 25 February 2024

Simple pleasures are the last healthy refuge in a complex world. Oscar Wilde

 I've written before about one of my favourite simple pleasures - ironing in the sunshine on the deck, listening to audio books. It's a great way to rake the 'work' out of dull routine.

I've discovered two more that I'll share. One is simple. During frangipani season, when the flowers scatter the footpaths, each dog walk I pick up the more perfect one I can find and put it in a little vase near the sink when I get home. I love the smell and it's as joyous to me as having a store bought bouquet. Long time readers might recall I did the same in Bali. It's funny I had this habit I wasn't really aware of until I thought about this post.

The last I discovered by accident. I left my Birkenstocks outside after lunch on a hot sunny day. I had a bath later on, and then when to walk the dog. When I put my soft (from soaking in the tub) feet in the Birkies, they were warmed. It was bliss. It lasted for the first half of the walk, making me smile with delight at how simple yet satisfying this pleasure was...so I will try to do this more often!

What are your tips for simple pleasures that bring you great happiness?

Linking with #PictorialTuesday #HappyTuesday #FriendshipFriday










8 comments:

  1. With me too, it's always the little things that surround me that make me happy then. And when I see beautiful herbs in the wild I take them too, but not always. Sometimes a beautiful rose I put in a vase at home. Very beautiful that flower you have in vase. Wishing you beautiful moments of pleasure and greetings from the wet and raining Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting down after my morning walk. Holding hands with hubby. Loving on my kitties. The list goes on and on.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding hands with hubby. That's great you point that out. That is something that gives me great pleasure but I overlook (apparently). Great comment!

      Delete
  3. Firstly, thank you for participating and sharing this link with us at SSPS 300. See you again next week!
    Thanks also for sporting our SSPS linkup image here.
    As for simple pleasures: For me at the moment, being able to go for a walk after having knee surgery. Its good to be out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness. I didn't realise you'd had knee surgery. I'm glad you're on the mend tho!

      Delete
  4. Quick Question for you: Do you have a FB and Instagram URL.
    You will be one of our featured posts for Monday #301 and I would love to promote your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, shucks! Thank you. My Insta is here https://www.instagram.com/lydiaclee/ and my FB is here but I'm a little useless on it.I set it up wrong and it's all a bit weird. But link is there https://www.facebook.com/lydiac.lee.9 (I live on Twitter...https://twitter.com/LydiaCLee )

      Delete
  5. Yes, love taking petals when my flowers are about on their last, and putting them to float on a vase of water. I've never taken one from random when walking, but love that idea. Adorable little flower.

    ReplyDelete