Thursday 22 February 2024

Share Four Somethings - Feb


Things I've loved It's been a very fun month with friends. Obviously the once in a life time dinner on the Harbour Bridge was a highlight, as was lunch with friends for the Lunar New Year. I've a night out dancing this weekend but my favourite was playing with my kids and husband at Hijinx. It's a pricey night out when you're paying for 5 but it is so much fun and it makes me really happy to get all the siblings together like old times.








Things I've accomplished I wrote a story this month for Furious Fiction and submitted 2 for Bath. Didn't get anywhere but enjoyed getting back into it. My husband goes away for a weekend soon and I've decided I'll write some stories that weekend for competions and start writing more fiction as Covid lockdowns really killed that vibe for me and I've not really recovered...(creatively speaking).

Things I need to improve upon Moving on. Someone hurt me and I'm trying to be the bigger person but I can't quite shake it off. They made a comment on my fb page out of the blue (just answering the question I asked about something silly, nothing rude or pointed) and it just stirred up a lot of distressing emotions.  I'm not proud or happy about how much it still upsets me. 








Linking with #MuralMonday

Things I've noticed A lot of my friends left FB, which I get, it's a huge waste of time but they'll pop back when they are on holidays to put up their daily photos or just put a new photo of themselves or their kids up (after a year or so of nothing). I happily comment but they don't engage back (with anyone, it's not personal). So why post? Isn't the whole point of SM to chat with each other? I don't really get why you would post anything if you aren't interested in talking to people about what you posted...

(That's Sydney Tower, somewhere in there)



Short and sweet this month. What have you been up to?


Linking with #MondayMusicMovesMe #WeekendCoffeeShare#KeithsRamblings #WordlessWednesda #ShareFourSomethings 






And one last share - I'm enjoying this song. It's putting a spring in my step!




28 comments:

  1. The fireworks above Opera house is superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sky captures and I love the fireworks! Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top photo came out with some beautiful reflections. But all of them were interesting.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos, especially of the Opera House and the bridge! And I really like that graffiti wall. It can be really hard to move on after someone has betrayed you - I've been there. Hope you can get past those negative feelings soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice photos. I don't spend much time on Facebook because it just seems like people are showing off. It doesn't feel authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dropped out of FB several years ago. It freed up a lot of time. But I said never again, and I stuck to it.
    Nice doors!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah... those doors. Great painting. And I love your other pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos of Sydney. I just read your post about the dinner on top of the bridge. Wow, I had no idea there was a restaurant there. Amazing views of course! A lot of the younger generation I know have dropped facebook, they use instagram instead, but I find communication via FB is easier. I also have friends who never bother to comment or even put a like on my photos, even though I comment on their posts. So I've stopped wasting my time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful experience you had and I really liked the photos. And when people judge you it says more about them than about you so don't worry about it. I don't have FB and thats also really not for me. I'm busy and lots of pleasure enough with my 2 blogs and my Yt channel. They are free to respond or not because a visit is also beautiful. But it is also nice when people will do this because that way I also get to know other people and see what they then share like you did with your beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos the fireworks scene and that mural is brilliant
    Have an artistictastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pictures. Yes, the point of social media is to connect, but so many people don't anymore. I am with you though, why bother to post at all? Have a great week! https://encounterswiththedavisfamily.blogspot.com/2024/02/share-four-somethings-february-2024.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lydia, I appreciated your Share 4 Somethings. I'm so sorry to hear someone hurt you, I know it's hard. I'm sending heart healing prayers your way from across the miles.
    Visiting today from Share 4 Somethings #11

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic shots! Love the skyscrapers in the mist. Some things are triggering but they pass away. Getting back to being creative is a healing head space to be in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. All around gorgeous photos! It does seem like FB can be a waste of time. I mainly use it as a venue to share photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful city. I hope someday to visit it.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lydia, Beautiful pictures of Sydney's iconic landmarks and harbour. Setting aside a weekend to write sounds like a great idea. Thank you for your weekend coffee share. Would you consider allowing comments with Name/ URL on your blog (and not only Sign in to Google)? That would make it easier for me to leave comments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a blogger thing - I'll see what I can work out. I think they did it as payback to wordpress doignthe same to us non wordpress people...

      Delete
  17. Great, great and great again, the fireworks photo is spectacular and the effect of the fog photos is amazing. The moon over the bridge -WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A good post, Lydia, with some nice shots. You have been busy! As far as social media goes, we all have different reasons for using it. And yes, conversation and interaction and exchange of ideas are all common reasons. However, there some people that use it in some not very nice ways and that just reflects how they interact with other people in their everyday life. I am constantly baffled with the people who are nasty just for the sake of being nasty. It's not an easy thing to do and I am sure that such actions poison them in the end. Do what do, be who you are and the right sort of people - I am sure! - appreciate you for that. Don't let the turkeys get you down! Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got some great photos here.
    You make a good point on social media. I'm pretty active on it but have no time for people who are not interactive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sunset and your fireworks photos. Nice to see that from half a world away. FB can be such a waste of time but there are people (some in laws) I would never hear from if I didn't follow their posts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you climb that bridge? My friend did that..I would never...phobic with heights. You took some great photos Here. I'm on Facebook but rarely post, I look at pictures my friends have posted. And comment or hit like button. We can't prevent someone from saying or doing something hurtful or nasty but we can change our reaction to it. Easier said than done, I know but they were hoping for your reaction. I think these people feed off of this which is sad. Don't give them the power, rather stand tall, ignore and block them. Who cares what they think, think of your family and friends who say nothing but the best...this person is not worth a powder to blow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lydia,

    Great photos - love the fireworks shot! :) The government shut downs and restrictions was awful on so many levels! Anyway, I'm happy you're finding your way back to what you love doing again - writing! 👏 I don't do much with FB anymore, not even share pictures. I more or less just check people's status from time to time, hopefully to catch important life events. I don't like FB's policies and data collecting. It's just not the fun place it once was because of how they run the platform. *sigh* But enough of that, I hope you can let go of what was posted on your page. Life is too short to let stuff like that weigh you down. ;) Thanks for joining the 4M party and for the introduction to your song pick. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete