Wednesday 28 February 2024

Happy Easter?

 


I saw this in the food court of a shopping centre. It feels a little early for me but I guess if all the chocolate bunnies are out in the shops and Hot Cross Buns hit the supermarkets pretty much on Boxing Day, why not?

Ironically I beleive this shopping centre is owned by Jewish people (a religion that doesn't celebrate Easter at all). Which made me think of the whole Christian baker argument for not making wedding cakes for certain people...pretty unChristian of them if you ask me.  This display is a reminder that you can still off well wishes to people for things you don't believe in yourself...

How early is too early to wish you all a Happy Easter?


Linking with #MySundaySnapshot #WordlessWednesday




10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, easter is coming, in the shops you can buy the chocolate easter bunnys yet....but I think you should wish happy easter when the time has come. But easter does not mean much for me. So I wish you as any time in the year a good time and all the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should wish each other good times all year round! You're def onto something!

      Delete
  2. The days are flying by and Easter is at the end of March. It is early this year. My hubby could eat those chocolate bunnies and peeps all year round, lol. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which shopping centre is this, Lydia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one in St Ives....I know, I'd ventured far from my little inner city hub...ha!

      Delete
  4. ...to put it simply, it's too early! Thanks for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Lydia, yes it is too early for Easter (especially Greek Easter, which is on 5th May this year!). The Jewish equivalent of Easter is Passover, which begins before sundown on Monday, April 22, 2024, and ends after nightfall on April 30, 2024. Passover or Pesach, is the Greek Pascha, from which we get the Paschal candles that are lit in churches during Easter celebrations. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At Dollar Tree stores, they put the Easter stuff right after Valentine's Day. I do have a problem with it. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easter is just around the corner - what a lovely display! Thanks for linking up and for sharing your snaps with #MySundaySnapshot

    ReplyDelete