Saturday 17 September 2022

Hijinx


I've had a jammed packed week with so much fun and energising activity, it was hard to choose one thing that made me happy this week. However, the Wednesday Club went to the Hijinx hotel and it was simply the most unadulterted fun that it gave me quite a high. Exuberant endorphins that buoyed me well into the next day. Even thinking about it is giving me an emotional shift. I'm keen to lure my teens there these holidays.

Get a group of fun loving friends and find a night to go. You won't regret it.





What I liked most, was at the start we were playing against each other but as the night progressed, we began to work as a team, and there's this sort of connection between you as a result. It's simple but clever. And most of all, fun.

(The short version of what it is, is basically 5 old fashioned games - from finding things in ball pits to word puzzles. On the ball pit, don't have your phone in your pocket. One poor guy in another group lost his phone in it!!)

“It’s more fun when you’re not the only one having it.” – the Oaqui

 (I did try to google what the Oaqui is and I can't work out if it's a game or a religion. So if it's something bad, I'm not endorsing it, but it appears from this quote to be something good....I also couldn't find any quotes about hijinx so there's a mission for you there. Find me some hijinx quotes because clearly it is an important but uncelebrated life goal)

Oh, you can be sure we will get into all kinds of mischief." He winked. "And there is a strong possibility that shenanigans and hijinks of various sorts will also occur, with regularity. - Author: Sylvain Reynard

What's the #OneSmallThing that made you happy this week? 


Linking with #WWAndP (Can't find the code for the badge)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter




4 comments:

  1. What a fun place. I want to go there.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such fun! Thanks for linking up and for sharing with #MySundaySnapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to read about the fun you had here Lydia, your post made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lydia - you do the coolest things! It looks like such a fun place and I also love how you ended up playing as a team as you progressed - that's the sign of a great night out.

    ReplyDelete