Wednesday 21 September 2022

"The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size." — Gertrude S. Wister


 I was walking to the car park and the city flower boxes have been planted but not yet in bloom.  I found they filled me with an anticipatory excitement of what was to come. It's funny how such a small promise of future beauty can be uplifting. Is it a post lockdown need to celebrate every little thing or is it just age, and suddenly anything positive seems uplifting?




I hope to get back in to that end of town to see the end results, but not entirely sure when.




Linking with #TheRandom









 


10 comments:

  1. Such a sight is definitely uplifting, dear Lydia, whether it's because of "age" or because of the post-lockdown craving for every happy sight like a straw of salvation...
    I'm linking you today to a review of a (partly rainy) trip in June, which means my season is the one that's just about to come its way in Australia - summer :-)
    All the best,
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/09/ausflug-nach-marchegg-schloss-storche.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I love Gertrude S. Wister's quote, how true. Thanks Lydia for hosting the party, I hope that your week is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots, Lydia. It's definitely Spring in our neck of the woods too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschöne Farben und herrliche Blüten, liebe Lydia!
    Liebe Grüße
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke!
      Ich lerne Deutsch mit deinen Kommentaren ;)

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful blooms. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your flowers, so colorful! Spring isn't far away here and I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things are definitely springing all over the place, Lydia. I've had to mow the front lawn twice in ten days after a rest of a few months... Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again - very nice fotos an beautiful flowers. All the best -
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete