Monday 25 March 2024

Share Four Somethings - March

Things I've loved The return of F1 season, being in an AFL tipping competition after many years hiatus,  the Biennale, many concerts, dancing - so much dancing with more on the horizon, a nice time with friends where the relationship has become very strained and difficult (at least the impact on me has) but there were moments where it felt like it used to, long ago. Time spent with other friends that lift me up and remind me to feel good about myself - not by anthing they say, just organically in the fun we have together and enthusiasm to make it happen.







Things I've accomplished I am exercising more (or with more regularity). Not sure if it is paying off on the weight side but it has to be helping the fitness, right?










Things I've noticed The increased exercise has helped with stress and it did shake off some anxiety I had in anticipation to a situation I'd agreed to that is not so good for my self esteem. I feel good about life after exercising, and it shakes off the churned up emotional impact of past events.










Things I need to improve upon The list here is endless. But for now I'll stick with keeping my boundaries strong. Also learning to just listen rather than try to offer solutions....I know what to do but my mouth does otherwise! This song really sums it up perfectly!

 

This seems quite a negative 3 out of 4 somethings....but it's been a pretty fabulous month, truth be told!










Sharing this song as it was played while out and the crowd went wild and we were elevated into joyful frenzy. I'd forgotten all about it but now can't stop playing it! 













The photos were all taken while exercising.

18 comments:

  1. Delightful waterside photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are great. Exercise is great as well. It took me a long time to realize that when people complain something, they just want me to listen, they are not looking for ideas to solve a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of blue hues. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard not to jump in and try to fix things. Listening without trying to fix is a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such beautiful photos! Good for you for exercising more regularly. I find that exercise rarely does anything for my weight either but I know it's still good for my body to be moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pelicans are remarkable birds. You captured a few others in your photos as well. Looks like you have great places to exercise.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    Beautiful photos, I love the water views and the pelicans. They are cool birds. Exercising is great, it is important to keep our bodies moving. Happy Easter to you and your family! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First time on your blog today and it wont be the last :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastically beautiful views of the sky, some even with reflections, the photo with the bench is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos. Good for you with exercising. I need to add that too.
    Visiting today from Share 4 Somethings #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your photos! If I could see those views, I think I would walk a whole lot more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photo's Lydia! Exercising makes me feel better all the time but though I do my yoga and pilates every morning, it has been very hard to find time for anymore lately! I must say that I could resonate with you when you said you need to listen more before offering solutions. I find that with myself too at times - my mouth wants to help immediately but my brain says Shhhh - listen more first. I often have to stop myself from offering my thoughts and solutions before they have finished talking. Thanks again for linking up with #WWWhimsy - hope you had a fabulous Easter! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely a habit that's hard to break

      Delete
  13. Love your photos Lydia. Exercise is great for stress relief, especially when you can get outside. Don't worry about the weight, that will take care of yourself if you exercise consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved both those songs! Great pics too. Yay you for exercising - it's always such a good feeling finishing a workout and setting those endorphins free. I'm a huge fan of Joe Wicks (his workouts are great btw) and he's a big advocate of exercising not just for the physical benefits but for how good it is for our mental health too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Walking when anxious usually dispels the anxiety and I have used this strategy many times, especially when out in nature. And you have a lot of that to choose from where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that People Pleaser video and words. I'm definitely saving that!

    ReplyDelete