Sunday, 13 September 2026

Ibis

 
I don't know why but the late afternoon shadows made me smile. I which I'd got the beak in shadow too. It was like a mirror world had seeped into mine. Even the shrubs were completed in shadow form and the pole extended...


The Ibis took off too quickly for me to capture it coming at me.


“What men call the shadow of the body is not the shadow of the body, but is the body of the soul.”
― Oscar Wilde, A House of Pomegranates

Linking with #PictorialTuesday #SaturdayCritters #WordlessWednesday #WildBirdWednesday #ShadowShotSunday #AwwMondays

7 comments:

  1. at one time, when I had my leg in a brace and couldn't move far, I enjoyed taking photos of shadwos on my patio. Have a wonderful week and thankyou for visiting my blog last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen an ibis! I don't think even in a zoo. How remarkable to have them cross your path just like I had a mourning dove do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. A huge Awww. I love the quote too.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ibis and the shadow photos.
    Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the australian ibis. I wonder that this bird has moved from tge swamps to town to make a living! All the best! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shadow capture, love the Ibis!
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some years ago, my husband called to me to get my camera. When I went into the room he was in, he said " take the picture of my shadow on the wall." It was a perfect outline. Was fun, and just about the only way he ever wanted me to take his picture. I always had a camera in hand since he'd known me, but never liked if I pointed it toward him. So, at least I have his shadow. lol

    ReplyDelete