That is a beautiful butterfly. I briefly tried to ID it and couldn't. My iPhone photo app said it may have been a painted lady. Your country has a lot of butterflies my doesn't, and I'm far from an expert on ours. Oh well!
Beauty in two phases: when it opens its wings, the butterfly reveals its full chromatic splendor; when it closes them, it becomes discreet, reminding us that true elegance also knows how to hide. Happy Wordless Wednesday 🤗
That is a beautiful butterfly. I briefly tried to ID it and couldn't. My iPhone photo app said it may have been a painted lady. Your country has a lot of butterflies my doesn't, and I'm far from an expert on ours. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteIt is a Painted Lady.
DeleteI did not know butterflies varied country to country. How interesting. I guess I just never thought about it.
DeleteLovely photos of the Painted Lady, it's fun to see butterflies open and close their wings like that, trying to confuse predators I think!
ReplyDeleteOh a painted lady...love the butterflies...Michelle....
ReplyDeleteVery nice! They are magical creatures, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteInteresting capture--I like how the butterfly colours blend in with the surroundings.
ReplyDeletePretty butterfly, they are always a treat to see!
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy week ahead.
Beauty in two phases: when it opens its wings, the butterfly reveals its full chromatic splendor; when it closes them, it becomes discreet, reminding us that true elegance also knows how to hide.
ReplyDeleteHappy Wordless Wednesday 🤗
I love your butterfly and the shadow.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images, Lydia!
All the best and Happy Today!❤️😘
Got movin on to do. I miss seeing them. Always so pretty.
ReplyDelete