Tuesday, 15 September 2026

Sydney Fringe Festival



 Last night we headed out to catch some global comedy as part of Sydney Fringe Festival. It's a low cost investment for an hour of laughs at the Newtown Hotel.  We were offered discounted tix to a later show (if you wanted to make a night of it) but we left it and were home by 8pm. Fringe is a great way to get out and about on a weeknight without being exhausted the next day or spend too much money.

So take a punt - there's over 300 shows in the month long programme, all different kinds of performance. Tickets are here. 

Last night I saw My Grandpa doesn't follow me on Instagram. This show is funny, heartwarming and very joyful. On until the 26th Sept. Tix are here. It's the winner of this year's Fringe for me.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weeknight out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sure we’d enjoy the Sydney Fringe Festival—but it is just a bit too far away from Austria, after all 😉...
    I’m sharing a post with you today about two festivals, too—though the Calle Libre (mural) festival in Vienna is already over; it only ran until June. The second one, however—the La Gacilly photo festival—runs until October 11th. The collage I linked actually captures the September weather mood in one of the parks where the photos are on display.
    All the best from Austria 🤗
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another nice festival in Sydney dear Lydia.
    Warm greetings from Zakynthos in Greece

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had fun at the fringe. I love live theatre and we have a Fringe Fest here too but it's been years since I attended.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love festivals. This looks like a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cloudy sky looks promising; it's a shame not more of it is visible.

    ReplyDelete