Wednesday 24 January 2024

Share Four Somethings - January

Things I've loved
Family holiday in Japan took me away for the first 2 weeks of the Sydney Festival so I've hit the ground running on my return. Plays, circus, concerts - a very busy time with friends and the arts. It's relaxed and thought provoking. I love Sydney in Summer. 10 years ago I wrote virtually the very same thing, my love for Sydney in SydFest time! I always love living in Sydney but it really shifts the vibe during the warm summer festival.





Things I've accomplished This is much harder to answer. I'm strugging to wake up in the morning, I'm running out of time to exercise each day. I haven't done any work. I have managed to get people where they need to be, write a few blog posts and feed everyone (and do massive loads of washing) but I don't feel I've accomplished anything worth mentioning. I did finish booking our anniversay trip so I guess that's a success, right?




Something I need to improve upon Time management, focus and organisation. See above. I think I'm not in routine so it's part of the problem. I'm not keen to think about what the other problem might be just yet.







Things I've noticed My facebook memories is often sharing things relevant to my now. I don't know if I just repeatedly think the same things over and over and then forget about it or if the past is trying to be recognised in some weird way (I know it's not but I like this idea of past me yelling out to me). A meme with Spuddle appeared from 5 or so years ago in my Memories and that's a 17th century word meaning 'to work ineffectively; to be extremely busy whilst achieving absolutely nothing' (see the 2 entries above). There were two other entries this week in my memories that related to conversations I'd been having with friends the day after I'd had them....so strange...


Linking with #FriendshipFriday #ThruMyLens #WordlessWednesday  #PictorialTuesday #TrafficJamReboot  #ShareFourSomethings 


The stage pic is from The Chosen Haram, the circus pics are from Phare (White Gold) - if you are even in Siem Reap, do not miss it! The preshow Negroni was waiting for Masterclass. All great and worth seeing if you have the chance.

10 comments:

  1. The photos are fabulous! It sounds like you have had a really good and busy month. Best of luck working on your organization and time management!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say the ability to answer quickly the prompt "Things I've loved" is the most important one, Lydia, so that in itself is an accomplishment. That said, I can understand the desire to manage your time better and feel that sense of accomplishment, so good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder. That's a great way to look at it. I get caught up sometimes in what I feel I 'should' be doing, not feeling grateful for what I am doing.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading about the spring festival there! I can relate to the issues of not being in a routine. I am someone who craves structure, organization, and routine! We were a homeschool family, and as much as I loved the ease of school breaks, I always enjoyed getting back to a routine. I hope you can find your way back to one soon! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some wonderful images! Thanks so much for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/01/and-few-street-scenes-from-paray-le.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post and what fun too :-)
    Have a funtastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I thought that it was a rainy day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are stunning! I enjoyed hearing about your trip.
    Visiting today from Jennifer's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lydia, I've had awful problems leaving comments with my other blogs, so finally I've managed to leave one with this account of mine. Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme. It sounds as though you've been extra busy, but at least many of your busy-ness is with things that you and your loved ones enjoy!

    ReplyDelete