Tuesday 23 April 2024

Now & Then



We returned to the Banyan Tree in Bintan for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had spent part of our honeymoon there all those years ago. 


It was really wonderful to go back, you couldn't help but reminisce as the location triggered a lot of memories that I don't think I would have remembered otherwise. The small insignificant ones, kooky and funny things we did or saw.






The photos 25 years ago were on a camera with film, so it was also interesting how few photos I took back then, or at least how few were good enough to make the album, compared to now, as I madly snap at anything that takes my fancy, always with my phone handy, if not my camera!




You can never go back, nor should you try but return visits are magical as it triggers memories of tiny details that would be lost. It was so worthwhile coming back, and I recommend return visits if possible - not for a re-enactment but the immersive recollection (also highlighting how things have changed, and how you have changed).



25 years doesn't feel like a long time, and in one way it isn't and in others it is. Seeing the change, and lack of change as well as the immersive trip down memory lane was such a wonderful way to celebrate all that happened since.








#TrafficJamReboot #WaterThursday and #AwwMondays because returning to our honeymoon destination made me go Awww! A lot!


9 comments:

  1. ...Lydia, I can see why you wanted to return to this special place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coastal sceneries are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and always good to look at memories. I agree that 25 years doesn't seem that long ago, in some ways, but at least the photos bring back the memories as if it was yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely there I like the comparisons too it's always nice to look back on fond memories :-)

    Have a beachtastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful then and now. How fun to go back after 25 years.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely place. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to celebrate. Happy Anniversary , Lydia. I think the most special thing after being married over 40 years now is the collective memory bank that we have with our partner over all of those years. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful then, beautiful now and no doubt it will continue to be so into the future.

    ReplyDelete