Thursday 25 April 2024

Five Favourite Monthly Moments - April


April has been a sensational monrh with lots of travel, special events and catch ups with friends....so in no particular order, my favourites have been:

1. The week long music fest of Bluesfest artists - we had a gig every night catching up all the performances we missed by missing out on the Easter festival in Byron. My husband and I have very different taste in music but this week we're at concerts together every night. It's lovely to share it. The Dead South was my fav, probably because I didn't know them. The Tedeschi Trucks were amazing.  



2. We headed down to Melbourne so as not to miss the Blind Boys of Alabama! Having a night away with just my husband was the first in a long time. Years I think, long before COVID. I honestly can't remember. And Melbourne is always fantastic so there was lots to see as it had been over 12 months since I was last there. 

Linking with #WeekendReflection
3. I caught up with friends I hadn't seen for a few months, in a lovely easy evening at a cocktail bar, and another friend came out to visit from Japan - we hadn't seen him in over a year too. Life seems to be so busy, so these moments with friends are really special and most enjoyable. 

4. My Christmas present was to go to Melbourne to see Steve Aoki at Ultra. A friend came, and while we were on different flights (I had a credit I had to use) and only there for 24 hours so a tight schedule with not time for delays, it all went perfectly. I'd not travelled with her before but it was easy and fun (and I don't think I was too annoying...)

5. Last up, we went to celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary at the Banyan Tree Bintan where we went on our honeymoon. This time we had our youngest with us, so a bigger villa with it's own pool but it was all sensational and we had some dinners alone and some all together (with 2 adult kids, dinners with the kids are as special as the once rare dinners as a couple). We also went to Burnt Ends, the Michelin restaurant in Singapore which has been on my list for years but I've never been able to get into...it did not disappoint!

So I've had a pretty wonderful month, with a few days to go. Aaron Chen tonight, to open my Comedy Festival. I can't wait!













What's been your favourite monthly moments? 


Linking with #MFFMM #SkyWatch #GaleriaHimmelsblich #WWWhimsy #HappyTuesday #ThruMyLens #TheRandom & #MuralMondays for the Adnate and the mosaic both in Melbourne.

Linking this photo with #WaterThursday. 


26 comments:

  1. Great pictures! This month is gone by very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't expect the sound to be so light and fun! ( In hell...)
    Looks like you had a fun month :D
    Coincidentally my latest post is a poem on april

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They opened with that song and the whole audience whistled along. It was fabulous!

      Delete
  3. Dear Lydia, these definitely sound like favorite moments! By the way, you influenced me: I didn't know The Dead South or The Tedeschi Trucks - I watched the Dead South video - very funny, the number ends up on my playlist - and I watched a Tedeschi Trucks concert from 2022 on YouTube - really WOW, this band! By the way, Edi already knew the latter, but wouldn't have thought of introducing them to me. ("I didn't know that they fell under your loot scheme" ;-DD) A lot of that will end up on our playlist, too.
    If you're interested in my post about our Sydney days - that's online now. By the way, I haven't asked you yet what the dinner on the pylon of the Harbor Bridge was like - I hope it was a pleasure!
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/04/weltreise-2024-2-station-sydney.html
    PS: Great mural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will head over to your Sydney post! (Feel free to add it to #Allseasons, even if not seasonal!) As for Tedeschi Turcks, my husband picked those, and then he had a second concert to go to and I was thinking we should sell the tickets as they were expensive and I wasn't that keen. What I'd seen on youtube wasn't my thing....but we went, and live they were just amazing so I stayed after he left....they were so good and her voice, Susan Tedeschi, is AMAZING. Just wonderful stuff.

      Delete
    2. The Pylon dinner is here https://holidazeandhellidaze.blogspot.com/2024/02/dining-with-best-view-in-sydney.html

      Delete
  4. I like the mural of Puck — though I’m not sure that would really be how Shakespeare imagined Titania’s servants. Interesting travel stories. I need to see what the Blind Boys of Alabama have recorded.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very clever! I had no idea it was Shakespeare. Here's more info I found on it (1933 was when it was made) https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-07/art-deco-mural-painting-on-show-at-national-gallery/9397328

      Delete
  5. ...Lydia, you found some great murals! I discovered Dead South a number of years ago and "In Hell I'll Be In Good Company" is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great murals and... I really´d like to go too hell now - sadly I can´t whistle ;-) What a fun song and so well made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary. Didn't know those bands. Adnate's murals are always fabulous. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have so much fun, but my favorite shots are of your 25th wedding anniversary. I could see hubby and I enjoying this beautiful place. Paradise. Wow.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melbourne is always a treat and happy anniversary! We visited Bintan Island several years ago - stayed in a different resort. Sarah must have only been about 9 or10 so we're going back a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lydia, gosh you do some fun stuff! Happy belated wedding anniversary and what a wonderful way to celebrate it! Thanks for linking up with #WWWhimsy - hope your May is as good as your April! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an AWESOME April. I suspect I peaked early...

      Delete
  11. WHAT a month and you do celebrate LIFE wonderfully. Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun month you've had Lydia. Happy 25th anniversary! How was Aaron Chen, I'd love to see him live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Aaron Chen. I discovered him before Fisk, chosen at random one comedy festival. He was so kooky. It's really great to see how popular he is now. He was great. Very, very funny.

      Delete
    2. He, Ronny Cheing, and Kitty Flanagan are probably my favourites - with Chris Rock and hopefully Ali Wong close seconds....extraordinary talents. Smart people!

      Delete
  13. Wow, you did have a great April!! How are you going to top that? Great images you have for us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last one towering clouds is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a month it was! I wonder what May will bring. My favourite April moment was seeing the Ukrainian Opera Company and Orchestra perform Madama Butterfly in my local theatre!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Dead South look like fun. Great video! Some beautiful sky photos, too.

    ReplyDelete