Friday 14 June 2024

And just like that - Lights out!


VIVID is over for another year. I'm always a little sad when this day comes. I've spent a few weeks racing around seeing the displays, joining in the music and other evcnts. With friends, by myself, rushing to an area before a show, managing to squeeze as much in as possible. 


And now, it's over.



Now what, Sydney?






Until next year.... 


A note to visitors - VIVID is Sydney's Winter festival. It's outdoors and on the nights of the Drone show, it can get very crowded. I had no crowd issues on any of the nights I went, including a Saturday night (but in a different area to the drone show). Don't let the negative reports put you off. It's wonderful. There's plenty of food trucks and some of the prices were high but there's also all of Sydney's normal shops and restaurants too. The dates vary each year but it's well worth a visit if you are in the country at the time. 

Also the details of the film I mentioned in a previous post are here. It's called Nowhere to be and it's the expereince of 31 film makers in lockdowns around the world. Fascinating and well worth watching if you get a chance. The Australian premiere was at VIVID.


#Allseasons runs Thursday - Wednesday each week.


Add your posts that reflect a season, or something that is seasonal below. Please comment on the host and at least one other post. 












4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous photo essay! I love all the bright colours. ♥ Thanks for visiting me at The Doglady's Den

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that it’s not too crowded. The lights all look magnificent.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful event! I visited Sydney for the first time last November. What a wonderful place. Enjoy your week! I'm visiting from Rain's post ~ a little late making the rounds.

    ReplyDelete