Wednesday 29 May 2024

VIVID 24

VIVID is back on until 15 June. Due to being quite busy, last night was my first chance to get out and see it. My camera seems to have a focus issue, not helped by me accidently flicking the wrong setting for half the photos and not realising...opps!

Very keen to get to Barangaroo but not sure when. 


Also want to go to Dark Spectrum and Lightscape but not sure when I can fit them in...




Musically, though I have a few gigs. Last night was Thelma Plum and tonight is Underworld so I'll see the glorious harbour lit up in a kaleidoscpe of colours.






I love Sydney in VIVID!  










Also, I know nothing about this but if anyone wants a short cruise rather than commiting to a whole evening, this sign is in front of the MCA, first boat ramp after Circular Quay.



Not sure I'll make the Drone show but do hope to get out to the Goods line and Darling Harbour.


There are swear words so NSFW (but not offensive, just the words) 


16 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful, we would like that too! The opera house and other buildings illuminated in bright colors and there are also lots of events that are sure to be interesting - I hope you have fun!!!
    Today we are going to a concert that we probably wouldn't have chosen ourselves, but it's a gift from the travel agency (because we are such good customers ;-DD) - Beethoven's Missa Solemnis. I like Beethoven, so I'm looking forward to it, and it will take us back to Vienna to the Musikverein hall.
    Hugs and all the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/05/weltreise-2024-immer-noch-tasmanien.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, the night time shots of the lights and reflections look beautiful. I love the bridge! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a great light show over there. I wished I could see this in real. But too far away....Thanks for showing.
    Have a good time and all the best
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Vivid 24 looks amazing!!! love your pictures! Thanks also for including some "before" pictures of buildings so we can see the great transformation. I think I need to put this in my bucket list, does it happen every year? Thanks also for hosting your great link party each week! - Patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's an annual music and lights festival

      Delete
  5. ...VIVID is a fabulous name for this event. In the past I've seen pictures of Sidney's light shows and they never disappoint. Thanks for hosting, Lydia. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shots of the spectacular displays, Lydia! Thanks for hosting (Nick from MAP)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, looks so very beautiful and lovely. So very cool. Thanks for sharing this. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely colourful photos all those lights they are beautiful :-)

    Have an illuminated vividtastic week Lydia 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's stunning! The only thing I've seen that's at all similar is a Chinese lantern festival, and that was really cool too.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2024/06/play-ball.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun event! The whole city looks so vibrant, colorful and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely night time, thank you for showing me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colorful images, well done, as your post say "Vivid" indeed.
    Thanks so much for participating and sharing at #32 #WW (Words welcome). See you next week Wednesday, https://esmesalon.com/tag/wordlesswednesday/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reflections are amazing. Night photography is a bit tricky!

    ReplyDelete