Wednesday 15 May 2024

Mother's Day



The seasonal marker of May is Mother's Day (and in Sydney apparently non stop rain and clouds that stop you seeing the Southern Lights when the rest of the world gets to see the Aurora).







I took Mum to Lotus with my sister. I also managed to accidently cancel the booking at 3pm the day before, but a frantic phonecall rectified the situation. 



I was amazed that neither of my family had ever had shallot pancake, ome of my all time favourites (if done right).

The dumplings were sensational, as always and so were the desserts (fancy fried ice cream for me!)

Everyone had a good time, but me most of all, as getting Mum out of the house is becoming trickier...not in ability but will. David Jones Flower Show and Mother's Day....big tick. Now to find some other reason to lure her out of the house....

Linking with #WBOYP 

7 comments:

  1. Oh, mother´s day....since my young years always a problem for me as it has become a commercial event...also my mother is a bit ...what should I say - complicated, ego-centric...but I took her out for a theatre evening...and she was pleased...
    Have a good time
    Violetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of this celebration that is problematic for so many.

      Delete
  2. yum Shallot pancake - that's something I should try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I'm glad that you were successful honoring you mum. Thanks for hosting and I wish you a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you and your mum had a good time. I made my mum's day special too and she appreciated it - though I try to do something special for her on other days of the year too. The food looks good! Thanks for hosting, Lydia. Have a great new week. (Nick from MAP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had a good's Mother's Day. That food looks amazing. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great Mother's Day. I ate some of that food and had a cocktail too.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete