Monday 13 May 2024

Taking a punt....

I had a double up last night - one of my favourite things. I feel I'm really making the most of a night. I went to Oliver Coleman for the Comedy Festival (def go if you ever get a chance to see him), then we stopped for a drink a the bar next door. We jumped in an uber and after picking up my friend's daughter to get her home from work, we shot into the city for Sam Fisher. A bit of fun stuff, a bit of Mum stuff, a bit of energising, uplifting stuff....




Linking this photo with #ShadowShotSunday


I'd seen him before, going in at random (Not knowing any of his music, I'd just been seeing his name around). When I said I was going that time, my friend said "I'm really surprised you like him". I had to point out that I hadn't heard any of his music. She continued "Oh, he doesn't seem like your sort of thing".

Anyway, he was really great - and while he was a little slow for me, his chatter was highly entertaining so when I saw he was back, I mentioned I might go on FB. My festival friends announced they'd got tickets and would see me there. I had to point out to them that he wasn't a DJ and might be a little slow for them...they were just going on my say so, also not knowing him.

In the end one was sick so the other brought her husband along. He had listened and liked him.

Fisher was brilliant, and the crowd were really there for him. It's such a great vibe. But this song sums up my existential angst (or mania) perfectly. It's a good reminder to live in the moment, to treasure time and for me, the need to really squeeze as much into daily life as you can.

This gift we have is to be enjoyed while we can!


Linking with #NaturesNotes #GardenAffair 
The bottom line is - you don't know what you like until you give it a go, so take a punt on things. It might just become your new favourite....

I'm grateful to have some friends who are as 'all in' as me. That makes it all the more enjoyable!

Ultimately, curiosity is it's own reward.


(I'd also picked Oliver Coleman at random because he was on at a time that suited me and he's been my favourite so far after Aaron Chen at the Comedy festival, so I now have a new comedian to follow too!)






8 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia, love your attitude and thanks for that clip! I didn't know of Sam Fisher but I really like this song and his voice. Good lyrics and message in the song too. Thank you for linking up with #WWWhimsy and hope you're having an awesome day! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put my back out, so am having a very unawesome day and feeling very sorry for myself!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lydia love this message! As I've aged I've tried to be more open minded about things and giving them a go before making judgement. Thanks for the reminder x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm someone who is more prepared to give new things a go as I age and this resonated with me. So sorry about your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lydia, I enjoyed this song from Sam Fisher and the lyrics are perfect! Love your attitude to life and giving things a punt! #wwwhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the message. Thank you for sharing.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree u never know what u like until u give it a try , BTW Lovely Dahlia. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know the phrase..take a punt....But now I see and agree, I wish I had done more different things when I was younger and my body would have cooperated more....Michelle

    ReplyDelete