I had time, however, before heading to the airport to stop for a final cup of tea in Tokyo at the coffee shop, Shibrewya, in the base of the Hotel Indigo, Shibuya.
I gazed aimless less at the cherry blossom tree shadows - and then realised they were painted on.
A gorgeous piece of street art right before my eyes that I'd passed many times but been too busy to notice.
It's funny that in one of the busiest parts of Tokyo, the biggest city on my trip, I found the quietest and most peaceful moment, proving I guess that we bring most of the energy to an experience with us.
"The day is always full of miracles if you have the eyes to see them" Paul Coelho
Linking with #TravelTuesday #WordlessWednesday #KeithsRamblings #TforTuesday #SundayBest #WeekendCoffeeShare
I am slowly adding some of the trip so other posts are:
Inakadate Rice Paddy Art (Japan)
Towada Art Centre (Japan)
Bear season (Japan)
Shinagawa Japanese Garden (Japan)
Torodoki Valley (Japan)
Pics from the trip (global)
Nantes (France)
The Little Things -pics from trip (global)
Travel Reading - pics in Tokyo (Japan, art in Paris)
Poetry (pic in France)






What a lovely experience, tea and art in Tokyo. Thank you for your weekend coffee share.
ReplyDeleteWe were in Tokyo for the first time last November and loved it!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you had such a great two weeks of travel and experiences!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you loved y. our trip to Japan. I'm looking forward to our trip in March next year. I wouldn't have guessed those trees were painted either. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals
ReplyDeleteThose two weeks may have been a bit hectic, but you will sure enjoy the memories you made!
ReplyDeleteI read you with going at your own pace - and finding good things, too.
ReplyDeleteI thought the bare trees were real on the other side of the street. I love the fisherman infuser. Too fun. Happy T Day
ReplyDeleteSo did I for an embarrassingly long time! Ha!
DeleteGood to read you had a nice holiday. I've been getting suggested Japanese real estate on Facebook, no idea why but I do like their houses.
ReplyDeleteWhat a momentous two weeks you had in Tokyo. I enjoyed reading about your trip and the wonderful drinks you had while there. That infuser was amazing. Thanks for sharing with us fir T this Tuesday, dear Lydia.
ReplyDeleteA pretty photo of your tea infuser and a perfect post for TSFT. Happy T day.
ReplyDeleteThat is not anonymous, it is me! Foxy Stamping- Sharon
DeleteBeautiful. Nothing better than a moment of peace.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday, Lydia. ♥
Wonderful, I can't wait to see Tokyo for myself - and maybe have a cup of tea there too!
ReplyDeleteA serene moment in a bustling megalopolis. I gues that illustrates very well the contrasts that are Japan! Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme, Lydia.
ReplyDelete