Wednesday 9 June 2021

“Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince


Sharing this old post because the Little Prince production is returning in January. Link to tickets at the foot of the post. Not an ad, I just want people to see it because I loved it so much.

I adore The Little Prince - long time readers will remember my photo series until my own Little Prince decided to stay in Adelaide. Before lockdown I had tickets to the Paris show that was touring, but like life, it was cancelled. I was thrilled when it finally returned, and I have to say it was exquisitely beautiful. If you can get tickets, where ever it next ventures, definitely go. You won't regret it.


My heart just sang as we enjoyed the show and then dinner in this beautiful city. I love being at the Opera House and around the harbour. I am re-energised by being part of something bigger than my small life, as a friend once described it, 'making the most of what the city has to offer'.




 In Sydney we are currently more or less maskless, which worries me. The minute we open our borders we will be thrown into chaos (and lockdown). I prefer to still wear a mask on public transport and at shows. I am happy for a small inconvenience to get to do so many wonderful things. Please reconsider wearing a mask. It's a very small price to pay to be able to live more or less unhindered. A barely noticeable caterpillar that allows us to continually enjoy the butterflies.


Sharing this old post because the fabulous production will be returning to Sydney Jan 1 2022 at the Coliseum -you can book your tickets here

Linking with #OurWorldTuesday

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos of the Sidney Opera House! Warm greetings, riitta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images of the iconic opera house. Although fully vaccinated, I continue to wear a mask, if only as a courtesy to those around me who may be at risk. Otherwise, how could they tell me from a crazy anti-vacc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have low vaccination here currently, and with a vaccine with fairly low efficacy compared to some of the others, so I figure even when fully vaccinated, we'll have to keep the masks if vaccinated with Astra.

      Delete
  3. Lovely night shots, Lydia. Glad to hear the show did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Thank you for hosting, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are trying to get back to normal in your world. These are wonderful images!
    I didn't know you now host All Seasons. I will be back!

    Thanks for choosing to share your link this week at 'My Corner of the World'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will look out for that show. Thanks for showing inside the Opera House.

    ReplyDelete