Thursday 21 September 2023

David Jones Spring Flower Show

 I was lucky enough to go in to the David Jones Spring Flower Show with my mum before I left for Singapore. It was nice to get her out and enjoying the city. We had lunch at the lovely little cafe on the second floor after admiring the beautiful displays.











What I loved was the bar on the 7th floor packed with grey haired ladies 'making a day of it' with their champagne at midday.









I hope it long becomes a tradition like that for me and my friends in retirement. That seems like a small and achievable but very worthwhile goal.

"In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed". Sid Caesar

 

Linking with #FriendshipFriday  #DND #WednesdayAroundtheWorld  #SeniorSalonPitstopesmesalon senior salon pitstop 
My Random Musings










8 comments:

  1. Fabulous images! Thank you for this series.
    All the best to you!❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Wow.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elke, that dragonlfy is spectacular What a shot! I still can't comment - I have messaged on your FB page re the Insecure post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely thing to do with your mother! And (as a retired lady) I think your small goal is a great one and achievable. I like the quote here about life especially in conjunction with your thoughtful later post (above this one)... we can and must work on those big goals but also enjoy the small pleasures of life as we go along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ! That is lovely, Flower arrangement looks ethereal. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just stunning! I enjoyed seeing these.
    Visiting today from AnythingGoesLinky 397 #5&6

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, love the flowers, those colors are gorgeous. We appreciate you showing of our logo and thank you for sharing your links with us at #282 SSPS Linky. See you again next week.

    ReplyDelete