Wednesday 27 September 2023

Spring Flowers

Every year (well, traditionally every year - there have been some bumps in the road of late) David Jones puts on it's beautiful Spring Flower show. For those of you overseas, it's our Department store in the city and they fill it's windows and floors with displays of exotic flowers. There is usually themes - last year's was oceans and quite spectacular.


I always race out to see it (and this year dragged my mum along and made a 'day' of it with lunch). For me,  however, the David Jones Spring Flower Show is the start of Spring (and Summer) and the party season. From this point we roll into Halloween and Christmas.







There are weekends away, end of school and holidays.

There are 'let's make the most of the sunshine' outings and the outdoor festivals begin.

So the Spring Flower Show is like my alarm clock. It is the wake up call to 'get ready for the good times to come'. 





We are creatures of habit with many external routines and this one heralds the start of three months of fun.

Years of attending it and I only just realised it. It's an activity that provokes a shift in me, an event that marks time loudly in my calendar. 








So here's to the colourful burst of happiness and enjoyment ahead.

Do you ever realise you have traditions that take on more meaning than the actual event?









Linking with #DND (tho nature indoors) #BlueMonday  for the Irises and camera window #MCoW #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #TrafficJamWeekend #WWOAT  #GardenAffair  #HappyTuesday





I love they included the carnivorous plants (see right)


 


12 comments:

  1. I'm just starting to see colour here but there are loads of blossoms on so many trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful images and I love how you presented them.
    This show it's very impressive, indeed.
    Thank you for sharing! ❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's refreshing to see all the flowers just as ours are fading and the temperatures dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such beautiful shots. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to have the Spring Flower show in Melbourne's DJ, but unfortunately no more. Lovely shots, Lydia. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...sporing flowers are hard to beat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOH! Gorgeous blooms! Thanks so much for sharing them at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-teapot-show-cedar-creek-pottery.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful. I would love that here in my yard/planters.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely flowers, I am stunned by those shade of Roses, orchids. I can't wait for my spring season. Thanks for sharing with Garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete