Tuesday 21 November 2023

“Dance is the joy of movement and the heart of life.” — Anonymous.

For the second year running, I've had a practice run at New Year's Eve & Field Day. A group of friends head off to dance the night away at Hot Dub on the Harbour and I back it up the next day with Harbourlife, this time for Meduza.



For those overseas, a stunning festival is set up right on the harbour looking onto the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

There is something wonderful about dancing as the sunsets, even though this year was a little cloudy to get the colourful disappearnce of the sun.



The city lit up and sparkled.








The next day, instead of a sore head, my heart was bursting with excitement in anticipation of the pending repeat activity.










All up, I danced the equivilent of 31kms and felt so fabulous all weekend.






“There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them!” ― Vicki Baum, Ballerina


Do you love to dance? Do you get to do it enough? (I know I don't!)







14 comments:

  1. All the action captured beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    Looks like a wonderful and fun event. Great photos. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lydia, this definitely looks like a great event.
    Yes, I love dancing too - and this year I'm not doing it enough for health reasons (as mentioned in my current post)...
    All the best from Austria, Traude
    πŸ‚πŸ•―️☕πŸ‚☕πŸ•―️πŸ‚
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/11/calexico-gansebraten.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks to be so much fun! Winter is closing in on us where I live and no outdoor festivals for many months. Wish I was there? P.S. the video apparently is blocked in the U.S.. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having a fun time at this festival. Thanks for sharing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I'm glad you had a good time and wish I could have joined you.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/11/a-few-sights-from-brussels.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good weather is essential for an outdoor event. I see a cloud-free sky during the day and probably also at night and beautiful fireworks, that's great!
    And I'm glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Lydia - I am sadly not a dancer. But I am incredibly impressed that you danced the equivilent of 31kms. Go you!! That's totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your dancing quotes and the story behind the festival - I've not heard of it before! Dancing 31kms is impressive. I'm not a big dancer but when the mood and music takes me I get moving! Thanks for joining us for #WBOYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so looking forward to getting back into exploring my city again....being unwell didn't help. #WBOYC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that was a packed weekend! AND 31kms of joyful movement - so glad you had a great time and in such a vibrant place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great event - and the best way to move.

    ReplyDelete