Tuesday 7 November 2023

Dressed to the nines...

 

We were going to Blanc de Blanc encore and at a party the night before, one of the people I was going with asked "How dressed up are you getting for it?" I told her I had this ridiculous sequin dress that I never wear because it is 'too much' but because I was walking the 3.5 kms to get there, I'd be in my disco kicks (sequin sneakers). She said "Oh good, I have this Comme des Garcons jacket that I never wear because it's so full on"

The next day in the group texts she said the last time she wore it, her daughter asked her "What are you going as?"






I replied "Awesome. Did you tell her you were going as awesome?"

And thus, our little group was dressed to the nines, in shimmering or sparkling splendor, even though it was 5.30 and daylight.


What I loved most, even as my friend and I walked up King Street, we barely caught anyone's attention. Such is Newtown, where anything goes (despite the gentrification).

As we sat in our little faux French universe, with other well dressed people, it felt like we were all playing a game together. Instead of feeling silly, it felt fun and uplifting.









It's something we should do more often....so I'm glad it's only a month or so away when I celebrate with Gatsby....








And if you haven't been, the season's been extended so get yourself some tickets to a fun & kooky cabaret.

Fashion is about dreaming and making other people dream. - Donatella Versace










Linking with #MondayMusicMovesMe #WednesdayWords&Whimsy #MuralMonday #HappyTuesday #AnythingGoes #SundayBest


esmesalon senior salon pitstop


They have a spotify playlist here . And they had this song in French. I can't find it anywhere. Any clues what it is?




21 comments:

  1. I love the glimmering sparkling dress and red is a perfect colour for a night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You leave me wondering where you are and what more specifically was the place you visited! I do love all the 19th and early 20th century decor.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it was fun playing make believe along with the real rich and famous. Loved the unique show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you and your friends had fun all dressed up in sequins. I love that in Australia, you can dress as you please and nobody gives a hoot!
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I'm rarely if ever dressed to the nines, but I love those red Converse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite the collection of Converse party shoes....ha!

      Delete
  6. That LQQKED like fun and you dressed just right for it heheh!

    Have a glitteratitastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to have an excuse to dress to the nines. Don't get them very often. Love the idea of a red sequined dress paired with blingy kicks...all before sunset!! Yay you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a event! And you certainly WERE all decked out for the occasion!
    Thanks so much for sharing these wild pix at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/11/my-happy-places.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with you Lydia, well done on 'going as awesome', you've made me smile today with your sparkles and that show looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no such thing as too many sequins! And how good is Blanc de Blanc? I saw the production a few years ago and it was absolutely fabulous. It looks like your night really sparkled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun time with friends Lydia. This is such a happy good time post. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love dressing up on occasion, Lydia. Your sparkling dress and shoes were a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to dress to the nines in sequins and have a fun outing with a friend! I rarely get the opportunity dress up - sensibly or ridiculously! lol Great pics - it looks like a wonderful night was had. Thanks for linking up with #WWWhimsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always fun to play dress-ups :-) Thank you for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to follow the link to see what that show was all about. They would never have a show like that where I live in the Northeast United States (people tend to the conservative). I think your dress was perfect for the occasion. Your featured song would have been right at home, I suspect. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had fun and that's what it's all about, right? :) Thanks for joining the 4M party. Have a boogietastic week, Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you went dressed to the nines! And that looks like it was amazing fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome! Fergie aged a little since I seen her on TV last, but she's still go it!!! Great tune and lotsa fun!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a bodacious event! I love the sparkly red dress and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you go and I want to be there in a sequined blue dress! I am all for sparkle and shine! I love the images on the walls like the Toulouse-Latrec image. It feels very Moulin Rouge. Love that song and Fergie has a powerful voice

    ReplyDelete