Thursday 7 December 2023

The sun shines into the eye and the heart

 To paraphrase and distort Ralph Waldo Emerson. 







Linking  with #WeekendReflection




I'd been very stressed when I rushed to the Opera House to see the fabulous Lee Fields. I did have enough time for my preshow Negroni in the setting sunlight. Bathing in the golden light, my worries of the day could be banked for tomorrow and I felt the excitement of the pending show and when my husband turned up later, I announced to him how fortunate I was to be able to do this sort of thing.







There is something about the beauty of the setting sun that can momentarily take you out of your worries.




(Linking these 3 sunset pics with #NaturesNotes)





This week I had a very upsetting week (not personal but some very distressing news) and then in the Uber we came upon someone hit by a car on a pedestrian crossing. I was close to tears by the time I reached the ICC and my head was in a scramble of disturbing thoughts. 

However, the mesmerising music and visuals of Kraftwerk worked it's wonders and I was restored.

There is much truth to Vonnegut's quote about music - I believe it of any music, not just the blues.

“The blues can’t drive depression clear out of a house, but they can drive it into the corners of any room where they are being played.”



Linking with #KeithsRambling #MCoW #WednesdayAroundtheWorld #WWOAT #WWOT  #MySundayBest #TrafficJamReboot

23 comments:

  1. I love the last photo of the harbor and bridge, with all the people enjoying it, all under a beautiful sky. Glad your day ended so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music and being outdoors can certainly provide a little relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said and shown friend! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skies and I love the last photo of the harbor and bridge. Great quote and beautiful photos. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amid the pain you experienced earlier the music later filled the corners of the room allowing peace to fill your heart, mind and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that would be distressing; so glad the beautiful sights and sounds helped restore you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. You def should! They're the bomb. But remember 3 nips in 1 drink so one to sip rather than slam...

      Delete
  8. You extracted quite a bit of beauty out of "one of those days." Great amber skies and enigmatic stage setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you've been stressed. The photos of Sydney look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, Kraftwerk - what a fine band! Hope you have fully recovered from the stess.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous golden hour view of the Opera House!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/12/a-living-nativity-at-nearby-church.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music is a great healer. Music of any sort. What a life skill to be able to do that. And to appreciate music of all genres.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You captured some beauties there I enjoyed these :-)
    Have a skytastic week 👍

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of these pictures are beautiful. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We enjoyed visiting the Opera House when we visited Sydney. We went on a tour there, but unfortunately there weren't any shows on that we were interested in seeing. Maybe next time. Enjoy your week. I am joining yo at Randomosity linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are fortunate indeed these days to be able to live a fairly civilised life and be lucky enough to enjoy the finer things, Lydia. Beautiful shots! Thanks for taking part in the "My Sunday Best" meme.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love your photos! Such a cozy and relaxing sunset. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Visiting today from Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My husband is a volunteer fireman and EMT and has responded to many calls like this. I don't know how he does it but he has for 40 years now...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ja, das stimmt, die Sonne scheint ins Auge und ins Herz und sie wirkt Wunder, sie heilt und gestaltet jeden Tag neu. Ohne Licht könnte ich auch deine schönen Himmelsblicke nicht sehen!
    LG Heidi

    ReplyDelete