Wednesday 8 November 2017

The real Countdown to Christmas - Advent #ChristmasLinkUp


Advent Calendars have really taken off, and gone are the simple lift a flap picture ones of my youth. At the very least you get chocolate and I'll admit I'm eyeing off the gin one for myself, but I just can't quite justify the cost....

As for the kids, my youngest is getting the Smiggle one ($39.95) 



The eldest is getting one of the Body Shop ones - a hefty $100, but the actual presents from Santa will be only 2 concert tickets and she already know what they are, so I figure it's sort of her Santa pressie.







The middle boy is where I am stuck - too old for the Lego and Pokemon calendars of years gone by, I'm thinking I'll just do chocolates and little knick knacks and then every 7 days he gets a book voucher (he likes these Manga books but they're $12 a throw and he reads them in 1 night) so he can select a few titles he wants (and evens out between the spend on the youngest and oldest). If you can think of anything else I could put in, let me know. 




For my friends, as we've already started our 'must catch up before xmas' dinners, I've got a few of the English Tea Shop tea calendars for $17.















For my good friends in need, I've got the L'Occitane advent calendar for $89. It's a lot but the stuff is good quality and a little self care will make all the difference. L'Occitane also has a luxury one, which I'd love - I'm trying to rationalise  it will be perfect for our travels in January, all those travel sized facial moisturisers etc, but somehow I don't see it happening.

Do you go mad for Advent calendars?

Linking with #MummyMondays







3 comments:

  1. My son LOVES the Lego advent calendars, this year I'm thinking about getting him the Star Wars one because he is very excited for the new movie. I've also been looking at the T2 advent calendar for my tea loving bestie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I had the 12 day Benefit Advent Calendar which I loved. There are so many beauty advent calendars around these days!

    Ingrid
    http://www.fabulousandfunlife.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete