Tuesday 23 May 2023

"It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end." Ernest Hemingway

 

At Easter, I got up to do yoga every morning by the beach. To get there, I would walk through a little nature walk and see wallabies (to slow to capture on camera) and many birds. And the fading colours of sunrise.

It was a good reminder that it's the doing that matters, not necessarily what you do.








I would already be filled with happiness before we even started the class.

A reminder from the brilliant Phantom Tollbooth, the essense of happiness “The most important reason for going from one place to another is to see what’s in between, and they took great pleasure in doing just that."









Short and sweet for #HearthandSoul




11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to start the day. I'd love to join you.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, Lydia. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tuesday!!!! Happy everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello :=)
    Good birds in flight captures.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Love the quotes and the Kookaburra. Take care, have a wonderful week! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that feeling of happiness when we get out in nature. Beautiful place to spend time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place to do yoga! I do yoga and pilates every morning but on my yoga mat on the floor in my bedroom. Not quite the gorgeous 'out in nature' experience you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaah.... seeing what's in between. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a great believer that it's all about the journey - the destination is secondary to that - and I remind my husband of that every time he sets off on one of his long hikes......don't rush, enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To look at and notice the in-betweens...oh yes I need to do more of that. I am getting much better now at being 'here, right now' ....it's in all of my meditations....So good to see your post this week for Wednesday’s Words and Pics Link Up on Denyse Whelan Blogs. I look forward to you joining us next week too! Denyse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! There's nothing quite like a good dose of vitamin sea and nature in general :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Der Weg ist das Ziel" sagt man bei uns in Deutschland ("The way is the goal") is what we say in Germany.
    Herzliche Grüße – Elke

    ReplyDelete